Currency Version 2.00 Released

Kevin Wells

Jan 24, 2023, 2:45:09 AM1/24/23
Hi

My currency exchange application for RISC OS called Currency has been
upgraded to version 2.00

The reason for it going to version 2 is that I'm using a different API
provider, as with the old one I had to get a new API key every month. so
at the same time I re wrote the code for the application.

This version does require a key as the free version allows 250 calls per
month. Other changes is that now it can get the exchange rates for the
last 4 weeks, only one copy can be run at a time as it saves some data
to it's scrap file and when it is quitted it deletes it's scrap file and
on the World Bank data Life Expectancy has been added.

It can be downloaded from:

<http://kevsoft.co.uk/#Currency>

Or

<https://kevsoft.wordpress.com/2023/01/23/currency-goes-to-version-2-00/>

There is a short YouTube video of it in action:

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLFidLdd078&feature=youtu.be>

https://www.worldbank.org/en/homeIt does require a working internet connection, wget and an API key frin
the data providers API Layer

wget:

<http://www.riscos.info/packages/NetworkDetails.html#Wgetarm>

API Layer:

<https://apilayer.com/marketplace/exchangerates_data-api>

World Bank data comes from:

<https://www.worldbank.org/en/home>

If you like my software why not purchase some of my merchandise:

<https://shop.spreadshirt.co.uk/kevsoft-risc-os-software/>

Or donate money through my Ko-Fi pages:

<https://ko-fi.com/kevsoft>

--