3b1 Screen Font

Forrest Aldrich

Mar 2, 2021, 5:54:07 PM3/2/21
Anyone know what the screen font is/was for the 3b1, and whether it's
available or could be used on modern systems.

Thanks.

Forrest Aldrich

Mar 3, 2021, 12:33:03 PM3/3/21
I found this on Github:

https://github.com/brandon-rhodes/unixpc-font-bdf

Not sure that would be useful in other applications, as I'm not familiar
with BDF. Most systems accept TTF or OpenType.

_F

Aharon Robbins

Mar 5, 2021, 3:23:12 AM3/5/21
In article <s1oh88$1ksq$1...@gioia.aioe.org>,
BDF is a bit-mapped font format that's been standard in the X Window
System for decades. It predates TTF and OpenType.

Given that the Unix PC font was also bitmapped, it makes the most
sense to translate it into BDF.
--
Aharon (Arnold) Robbins arnold AT skeeve DOT com

Forrest Aldrich

Mar 5, 2021, 4:16:55 PM3/5/21
I'm wondering if there is a way to translate the UNIX PC system font
into something that is usable by a modern system. Perhaps not. But I
do miss that font!

Forrest Aldrich

Apr 29, 2021, 3:15:48 PM4/29/21
I managed to get the UNIX PC bdf system font converted to TTF. My news
server doesn't seem to allow any reasonable attachments; so if anyone is
interested in a copy, post or PM me.

It's a bit blocky, for a lower resolution screen so it may need to be
improved upon, by someone with typography experience.

If anyone improves it, please post here.

_F

Peter Schmidt

Apr 30, 2021, 7:40:49 AM4/30/21
Me please, Forrie - thanks! I'll be glad to put in on my Google Drive and post a link if that's ok with you.

Email: uni...@liftingmind.com

Peter Schmidt

Apr 30, 2021, 6:49:26 PM4/30/21