Unix PC on eBay

Bob Alexander

Aug 21, 2021, 9:08:34 AM8/21/21
There's a 7300 for sale on eBay. It's not mine.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124862980933

(For people who are curious, long after the auction is over, he's asking $440 for a 7300 with no keyboard. It powers on but doesn't work - it doesn't even show the block characters. It's in Egypt, and shipping to the US is $230. He doesn't have a "Best Offer" option.)

J Booth

Aug 25, 2021, 1:22:50 AM8/25/21
ohh yes, this guy in Egypt also has some other Convergent tech -- he currently has listed an old Convergent terminal:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/124784506123
and a Miniframe (similar in specs to the UNIX PC):
https://www.ebay.com/itm/124784506114

Peter Schmidt

Aug 25, 2021, 7:20:28 AM8/25/21
Not just similar - binary compatible. At one point I had a 3B1, a 7300, and a Miniframe, all linked together via multiple serial cables. That was, hmm - 30 years ago... (!)

J Booth

Sep 1, 2021, 12:35:04 AM9/1/21
> Not just similar - binary compatible. At one point I had a 3B1, a 7300, and a Miniframe, all linked together via multiple serial cables. That was, hmm - 30 years ago... (!)

Ahh very interesting -- makes sense as they are both 68010 but never crossed my mind!

dbr...@gmail.com

Aug 18, 2022, 11:34:59 PM8/18/22
I had a 7300 and a miniframe, also connected by serial line. They could run the same binaries if you didn't use the 7300 shared library.