Ethernet software

J Booth

Nov 13, 2020, 2:24:52 PM11/13/20
Does anyone need a copy of the Ethernet-TCP/IP software? (I already hooked AJ up haha) I found the 5 Ethernet disk images that are circulating, but they appear to be a cpio archive spread across 5 files, with a 1024 byte overlap between the files. I reconstructed the cpio archive, removing the 1k overlaps, and some trailing data on the 5th file and was able to extract the files. I attempted an install on the FreeBee emulator which seemed to work but eventually it got grumpy because the ethernet card isn't emulated, but I did manage to get the files installed. (Trying to install from /usr/spool/uucppublic in the ua didn't work for some reason, so I just manually extracted files from the .cpio and ran the ./Install.)

To clarify, this is Wollongong's TCP/IP with the Ethernet driver. It's labeled: "WIN/3B LAN Interface Version 1.4"

I'd like to get the fixed Ethernet cpio on some of the disk image archive sites so that it's available in case anyone needs it in the future. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Jesse

J Booth

Nov 17, 2020, 1:14:45 PM11/17/20
Ethernet-TCP/IP software has been posted to bitsavers:
http://www.bitsavers.org/bits/ATT/unixPC/ethernet/
yay!