802.11h

PiotrS

Apr 5, 2005, 5:02:25 PM4/5/05
Hello all,

I have a question related to 802.11h functionality
or ever more general to certifications required
from devices to operate in 5 GHz band in Europe.

- Currently (starting September?) the devices
the operates in 5 GHz band in Europe (reportedly
also in the US) must support TPC and DFS.
What certification is required to claim that the device
support these? I assume that EN 301-893 is sufficient.
It is correct?

- How this is related to 802.11h? Is there any certification
required to confirm that the device complies with 802.11h?
Even if there is such certificate, is it required from a device
to be allowed on the EU/US market or it only gives a right to put
an "802.11h-inside" mark?

Btw, I specifically mean client device (station) as there might be
different requirements for APs (?).

Any clarifications/suggestions/links etc. would be welcome.

Best regards,
Piotr