802.11i scope downgraded?

Allan Alton

Apr 5, 2005, 5:01:31 PM4/5/05
Back when 802.11i was still in draft form, WPA came out. WPA didn't deal
with things like secure IBSS (ad-hoc mode), secure fast handoff, and secure
deauthentication and disassociation. That was to be dealt with when 802.11i
was ratified. Now that 802.11i is ratified I can find no indication of it
covering secure deauthentication. Can anyone enlighten me on what happened?
Or am I just missing something in the standard?

I'm wondering if there is still a risk from malicious people sending
unsolicited deauthentication packets to an AP to create a denial of service.

Allan