range of mfcc values???

yashpal

Nov 16, 2008, 11:37:24 AM11/16/08
hi.
i m working on speech emotion recognition.
i extracted the mfcc values.
the values are in the range of -37 to +13.
i m in great confusion that the extracted values are correct or wrong.
dont have confidence on the results. if any one had done this before
plz tell me the range of values so that i can compare my values with
given range.
thanks in advance .

Mark Huckvale

Nov 17, 2008, 1:05:20 PM11/17/08
Dear Yashpal

You can compare your values against the ones calculated by SFS
http://www.phon.ucl.ac.uk/resource/sfs

The SFS "mfcc" program also has a switch "-H" which does the calculation
the same way as the default in HTK (adds some liftering).

Generally the coefficients are in the range -10 .. +10, although you
might want to scale them to store as integers.

Mark Huckvale

--
Mark Huckvale, Director MSc Speech and Hearing Science
Phonetics and Linguistics, University College London

Peter Wang

Dec 12, 2008, 1:44:49 AM12/12/08

you can use the tool hcopy to compute mfcc feature which is included
in htk,and compare it with your file

flov...@gmail.com

May 16, 2016, 4:31:16 AM5/16/16
Hi, could you manage to use SFS to compare your results? I am studying depression through MFCCs but I don't know how to compute the results from SFS, can you help me with that?