Feedback needed: Requirement Document Standard

1 view

Myles Wakeham

Apr 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/11/00
We have recently published our successful standard for Requirement
Documents, and I am interested in feedback on this.

If you have some time, please go to: www.techsol.org/tsart.html and
take a look at the Standard there. I'd appreciate any feedback
directly to my e-mail address at: my...@techsol.org

Thanks in advance.

Myles Wakeham
Sr. Consultant
Tech Solutions Inc.
Los Angeles, CA
www.techsol.org

Edith Maverick-Folger

Apr 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/13/00
Myles,

In your standard you include some project planning details. I have
found it to be more handy to have a separate overall project plan that
outlines the resources and deliverables for all phases of the
development process.

Also, if you want the method of testing to be outlined at the
requirements phase (and you are actually writing the requirements
before you have coded the product), you are going to be stepping on the
toes of the software design phase.

It might also be good to add a user/other interface section. I guess
these are requirements if they are made up during the requirements
process, and constraints if they were set in stone before the project
came along. I have found that arguing over whether something is a
constraint or a requirement wastes an incredible amount of time.

Edith

In article <15HzODCaZl6SSg...@4ax.com>,

--
When we are unable to find tranquility within
ourselves, it is useless to seek it elsewhere.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.