What's wrong with the Microsoft usenet newsgroups?

sande...@yahoo.com

Jun 23, 2013, 7:21:31 AM6/23/13
Hello,

In the not too recent past, Microsoft Usenet newsgroups like microsoft.public.office.developer.vba and microsoft.public.word.programming used to be very active. They seem to be comatose now (as are most of the usenet groups). Any suggestions on what Google groups to use for discussion on VBA macros and things like that?

SS

sande...@yahoo.com

Jun 23, 2013, 9:22:37 AM6/23/13
It appears that there is life beyond microsoft.public.office.developer.vba and microsoft.public.word.programming. I had requested help with a macro to expand all hyperlinks in a word document AT THE CORRECT PLACE, but there was no response. Finally, thanks to the following website, I was able to come up with the macros that I wanted:
http://www.msofficeforums.com/word-vba/11940-word-macro-reformats-embedded-links-doc.html

Sub TagHyperlinks()
Dim HLnk As Hyperlink
For Each HLnk In ActiveDocument.Hyperlinks
HLnk.Range.InsertAfter " (" & HLnk.Address & ") "
Next
End Sub

Sub TagHyperlinks_selected()
Dim HLnk As Hyperlink
With Selection.Find
For Each HLnk In Selection.Hyperlinks
HLnk.Range.InsertAfter " (" & HLnk.Address & ") "
Next
End With
End Sub

I am a happy person today