Is the MVC pattern OO?

Generic Usenet Account

Nov 20, 2012, 1:21:35 PM11/20/12
Hello guys,

I have been studying the MVC pattern and to me it seems so non-OO.
Model–View–Controller seems so functional in nature. But then I see
that MVC had its origins in PARC, and was blessed by both Smalltalk
and now Java. I am not sure if this is just my flawed understanding
of MVC, or whether that is really so. Any insight would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Song

markspace

Nov 20, 2012, 3:51:37 PM11/20/12
On 11/20/2012 10:21 AM, Generic Usenet Account wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I have been studying the MVC pattern and to me it seems so non-OO.
> Model�View�Controller seems so functional in nature. But then I see
> that MVC had its origins in PARC, and was blessed by both Smalltalk
> and now Java. I am not sure if this is just my flawed understanding
> of MVC, or whether that is really so. Any insight would be
> appreciated.

Some insight into why you think it's NOT object oriented would be
appreciated. Can you explain more than a simple paragraph? Do you have
some examples to give us?