It Was 20 Years Ago Today

Bradley K. Sherman

Jan 1, 2020, 7:15:19 PM1/1/20
1 january 2000:
A whole lot of whackjobs were wiping a whole lot of
egg off a whole lot of faces, and the bottom dropped
out of the generator market.

--bks

Chris Weston

Jan 3, 2020, 4:01:40 AM1/3/20
And a whole bunch of programmers (before we called ourselves Devs) looked up from their new projects having done the hard work previously, and hoped everyone would learn a lesson about technical debt...

--
Chris Weston

Arnold Trembley

Jan 4, 2020, 10:00:17 PM1/4/20

docd...@panix.com

Jan 12, 2020, 8:54:46 AM1/12/20
In article <no-dndKNguyhzIzD...@giganews.com>,
Arnold Trembley <arnold....@att.net> wrote:
>On 1/1/2020 6:15 PM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
>> 1 january 2000:
>> A whole lot of whackjobs were wiping a whole lot of
>> egg off a whole lot of faces, and the bottom dropped
>> out of the generator market.
>>
>> --bks
>>

>It was a crazy time...

... and I'm still getting emails from head-hunters offering jobs... and at
the same rates, too!.

DD

Chris Weston

Jan 13, 2020, 12:26:28 AM1/13/20
Maybe you should stop posting to comp.sci.computerprogrammerjobs ;-)

--
Chris Weston

docd...@panix.com

Jan 13, 2020, 8:53:01 AM1/13/20
In article <210e1fb0-24ec-46de...@googlegroups.com>,
Chris Weston <chris....@gmail.com> wrote:
>Maybe you should stop posting to comp.sci.computerprogrammerjobs ;-)

It's not easy to stop what you haven't started... but if it were easy then
anybody could do it so it's a job for me!

DD

wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk

Jan 26, 2020, 10:36:37 AM1/26/20
In article <303bd6da-528c-465e...@googlegroups.com>,
chris....@gmail.com (Chris Weston) wrote:

> *From:* Chris Weston <chris....@gmail.com>
> *Date:* Fri, 3 Jan 2020 01:01:39 -0800 (PST)
Yes, and sadly a lot of people now think it wasn't ever really a problem...

wg