test 102.3.2

Arnold Trembley

Oct 9, 2022, 1:23:00 AM10/9/22
Test from Thunderbird 102.3.2 with new profile.

--
https://www.arnoldtrembley.com/

docd...@panix.com

Oct 9, 2022, 10:17:36 AM10/9/22
In article <RbGdnWLE4LQtx9_-...@giganews.com>,
Arnold Trembley <arnold....@att.net> wrote:
>Test from Thunderbird 102.3.2 with new profile.

Read you five by five, Mr Trembley.

DD

Arnold Trembley

Oct 10, 2022, 12:16:12 AM10/10/22
There were two bugs that had to be fixed in Thunderbird before I could
upgrade. Both were related to downloading the newsgroup list from the
NNTP server. The first bug (fixed a few weeks ago) made the download
slow. The second bug truncated and corrupted the newsgroup list if it
encountered a newsgroup name with two consecutive dots in it.
Apparently there is more than one invalid name in the list!

And I had an older XPI tweak in my Thunderbird profile which caused some
conflicts with newer code. Mozilla advised me to build a new profile,
which necessitated copying over all my old folders and messages. That
was a bit tedious, but now I am current.

Kind regards,

--
https://www.arnoldtrembley.com/