Forgotten Terminology

docd...@panix.com

May 8, 2016, 1:00:55 PM5/8/16

The other day I noticed a website selling 1/10th-oz Canadian Maple
Leaves... Leafs... more than one Canadian Maple Leaf coins at a slight
discount because the items had scratches, nicks, bruises and abrasions.

I smiled over the lack of sale-offers for circulated specimens... and
thought how the term 'dime-a-rand' never made it into common use.

I hope things go well for folks.

DD

Mike H

May 10, 2016, 6:30:43 PM5/10/16
It must be tough searching Google and only seeing 2 hit from 1999 for "dime-a-rand", both at verycomputer.com. You tried!

Things are good here in NH. Retired from the stress last year and haven't regretted it yet. I hope you are also enjoying life.

Mike H

docd...@panix.com

May 11, 2016, 8:20:10 AM5/11/16
In article <6a87fc7f-fe65-43e7...@googlegroups.com>,
Mike H <herl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Sunday, May 8, 2016 at 1:00:55 PM UTC-4, docd...@panix.com wrote:
>> The other day I noticed a website selling 1/10th-oz Canadian Maple
>> Leaves... Leafs... more than one Canadian Maple Leaf coins at a slight
>> discount because the items had scratches, nicks, bruises and abrasions.
>>
>> I smiled over the lack of sale-offers for circulated specimens... and
>> thought how the term 'dime-a-rand' never made it into common use.
>>
>> I hope things go well for folks.
>
>It must be tough searching Google and only seeing 2 hit from 1999 for
>"dime-a-rand", both at verycomputer.com. You tried!

Actually, Mr Herlihy, I didn't search at all... my memory is, admittedly,
porous but I recalled Serious Remonstrations sent towards me when I
expressed what seemed to be heretical views about What Is Money.

>Things are good here in NH. Retired from the stress last year and
>haven't regretted it yet. I hope you are also enjoying life.

Most pleasant to hear and most gracious of you... things here roll right
along, disgustingly well, aye.

DD