Re: What IS the focus of this newsgroup?

suma...@gmail.com

Jun 2, 2016, 9:03:52 AM6/2/16
On Monday, November 17, 1997 at 2:00:00 PM UTC+6, Mark A. Owens wrote:
> I've been browsing this newsgroup for the past month or so, and it seems as
> though there are many postings which appear to even the most casual
> observer, unrelated to Y2K and software issues.
>
> Aren't there any other places to discuss big brother and the end of the
> world as we know it?

Hi I've just joined.

docd...@panix.com

Jun 2, 2016, 9:23:45 AM6/2/16
In article <e9e83157-078c-479d...@googlegroups.com>,
Some might say 'better than never'... others might not.

DD

Dr J R Stockton

Jun 6, 2016, 6:46:17 PM6/6/16
In comp.software.year-2000 message <nipc11$nbl$1...@reader1.panix.com>,
Thu, 2 Jun 2016 13:23:45, docd...@panix.com posted:
Indeed - there are several Y2K-related and Y2K-like dates coming up in
the next couple of decades, including the World Cup problem.

--
(c) John Stockton, Surrey, UK. 拯merlyn.demon.co.uk Turnpike v6.05 MIME.
Merlyn Web Site < > - FAQish topics, acronyms, & links.

docd...@panix.com

Jun 7, 2016, 7:47:05 AM6/7/16
In article <+fZmi9bd...@invalid.uk.co.demon.merlyn.invalid>,
Dr J R Stockton <repl...@merlyn.demon.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
>In comp.software.year-2000 message <nipc11$nbl$1...@reader1.panix.com>,
>Thu, 2 Jun 2016 13:23:45, docd...@panix.com posted:
>
>>In article <e9e83157-078c-479d...@googlegroups.com>,
>> <suma...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>Hi I've just joined.
>>
>>Some might say 'better than never'... others might not.
>
>Indeed - there are several Y2K-related and Y2K-like dates coming up in
>the next couple of decades, including the World Cup problem.

It's always something, isn't it?

DD

Chris Weston

Jun 8, 2016, 2:31:04 AM6/8/16