Someone who did predict the war correctly

Bradley K. Sherman

Mar 30, 2003, 11:36:54 AM3/30/03

Winner and new champion Sam Khoury predictions from
the day before the War started:

<http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3E78993B.B37503DC%40ksc.th.com&oe=UTF-8&output=gplain>

Nailed US plan, nailed Iraqi reaction. Has more predictions
for the future.

--bks

Alan Dechert

Mar 30, 2003, 12:39:27 PM3/30/03

Brad, this is absolute crap. When I said "no effective resistance," that was
exactly correct. The Battle of Baghdad is the Sunni twin of the Battle of
Karbala.

For a little perspective, look at the U.S. invasion at Normandy. We had 2,400
casulties in one day. It may seem goulish to say, but German resistance was
NOT EFFECTIVE. 34,000 troops overran the Germans and wiped them out.

TeeVee magnifies all the gore. Normandy was not broadcast live. Big
difference.

Alan

Bradley K. Sherman

Mar 30, 2003, 1:02:22 PM3/30/03
In article <20030330123927...@mb-fq.aol.com>,

Alan Dechert <adec...@aol.com> wrote:
>b...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman) wrote:
>>

>>Winner and new champion Sam Khoury predictions from
>>the day before the War started:
>>

>><http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3E78993B.B37503DC%40ksc.th.com&oe=U
>TF-8&output=gplain>
>>
>>Nailed US plan, nailed Iraqi reaction. Has more predictions
>>for the future.
>>

>Brad, this is absolute crap. When I said "no effective resistance," that was

Could you point out where Khoury was wrong (so far)?

--bks

Alan Dechert

Mar 30, 2003, 4:37:08 PM3/30/03
b...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman) wrote:

>Could you point out where Khoury was wrong (so far)?

I expect the American ground forces will invade,
take heavy casualties, inflict heavy civilian
casualties on the Iraqi population and be forced
to withdraw after several weeks or possibly
months off protracted fighting....

This is crap. As I pointed out, at Normandy the U.S. took 2,400 casulties in
one day. I don't know the lastest figures, but I believe U.S. casulties (dead
and injured) are less than 100 in 9 days.

Heavy civilian casulties? I hear roughly 500 dead and 4,000 injured. WW II
saw several days where 100s of thousands of civilians died in a single day.
The fact that this is all televised live with "embeddeds" exaggerates the
horror. This is a minor skirmish compared to some of the WW II battles. None
of those WW II battles was televised. The "embedded journalist" concept was,
in fact, brilliant.

On the bright side, the fact that we are seeing the horrors of war so
graphically presented on live TV may cause people to think more carefully about
how to avoid future wars.

It's not clear how many Iraqi casulties were inflicted by the coalition forces
and how many were inflicted by Iraqis. Khoury didn't say anything about how
Saddam's thugs would kill Iraqi civilians in retaliation for showing favor to
the coalition. I suspect (haven't heard any confirmation) that it's true that
Iraq leaders (Sunni) have purposely bombed Shiite areas claiming "U.S.
atrocity" in effort to gain sympathy. I just saw pictures of civilians leaving
Basra being fired on. Who do you suppose was firing on Iraqi civilians?

1. Not enough men. ....

More crap. The coalition has taken control of most of Iraq in 9 days. They
have several airports there now that are operational.

> 2. Tactics used by the Iraqis will break the Americans.
> ... [snip crap]

> 3. Tactics used by the Americans will break the Americans.

I see no evidence at all of Americans (or coalition forces) breaking. Do you?
This is a slaughter. A pickup truck full of Iraqis with AK-47s is barely worth
about one round from a U.S. tank. Iraq has no chance to do anything militarily
significant. That's why they decided to send a suicide bomber to a checkpoint.
They are absolutely desperate. They are martyrs, not combatants.

> The correct way to launch such and invasion would be
> to immediately head west into the western desert of Iraq, ...

I believe this Sam Khoury that wrote this crap is a PHD, MBA. Is that right?
He goes on and on pretending to have some superior knowledge of military
strategy. I see absolutely no credentials belonging to Sam Khoury that would
suggest he has any special knowledge of military strategy. I doubt seriously
that he was privvy to any of the plans that have been made.

I think there were non-military options that should have been more completely
explored, however, I do believe that once the military option was taken it
proceeded after a great deal of planning. These guys know how to do that.
Khoury has no knowledge in this area. I don't have any knowledge of military
planning either. I'm just watching it unfold.

I'm not saying that Bushco knows what it's doing. They know how to wipe out
Saddam -- and they will accomplish that shortly -- but I truly believe they
don't understand the larger picture very well.

For one thing, they have sloppily created a credibility problem. They are
saying that this plan was made over a period of many months. They have
repeatedly said that Saddam must give up his WMD to avoid war. It appears that
they have been planning to prosecute this war for a long time and they never
were sincere about any inspections. It appears that "disarm Saddam" really
meant "kill Saddam" all along. They have a big PR problem there. It will help
if they find some WMD stored somewhere, but Bushco has a problem here.

Actually, I believe that Saddam is already dead or badly injured. I predict
that you will never see current footage of Saddam again. His bodyguard was
seen next to one of the high officials -- it was reported that this bodyguard
is never seen except with Saddam. Also, the footage shown on TV of Saddam in
recent days is obviously not currrent. Iraqi officials will never admit Saddam
is dead (or badly injured) because that will signal the end -- they will mean
they're all finished. Also, there have been reports of intercepted satellite
phone conversations saying Saddam was on a stretcher. No Iraqi official would
fake such a report.

4. Problems with air-power. ... [snip ridiculous crap]

This one is truly laughable. No Iraqi military aircraft have gotten off the
ground. Zero. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Coalition aircraft are flying practically
uncontested. It looks like the Iraqis got maybe two helicopters. They may
have shot down several drones and have tried to build up these victories on TV
-- nobody cares about drones that get shot down.

On the other hand, coalition bombing has been devastating to Saddam and his
forces.

5. 'Shocking' the Iraqi's will not work. ...

We have to give the guy a little bit of credit here, but not much. Iraqis are
not easily shocked these days. But the war never hinged on the ability to
"shock" the Iraqis. The coaltion has real firepower -- not just for show.

6. Problems with Allies. ... [snip crapola]

Lots of countries did not want to see the war. Now that it's started, they
want to see it over as soon as possible. They're not really calling for a
cease-fire -- a few protesters are calling for a cease-fire but I estimate that
most people in the world watching this want to see Saddam and his henchmen
gone.

7. US Foreign policy is a messianic joke. ... [snip crapola]

I give Khoury a little credit here again, but, again, not much. Perle already
resigned. I don't think Bushco has a good grasp of the big picture. However,
I see no evidence at all that Khoury has a clue about Arab or Muslim culture.

The proportions here *are* "biblical." This is a world-changing event, make no
mistake about that. We are witnessing a large turning point in history on a
scale that few generations have ever witnessed.

The immediate outcome of the war is certain. What comes after that is not so
certain. Israel will benefit greatly, for sure. There is a great chance to
accomplish some good after the war. I don't think Bushco has the requisite
vision, but that doesn't mean that others (other leaders or a subsequent U.S.
administration) won't be able to capitalize on the possibilities.

Muslims are not merely being defeated: they are being shamed. For an
honor-shame culture, this is stupendous. Did you see the coalition soldiers in
southern Iraq kick down the doors and pull the Iraqis out of their homes? Few
people in the West can comprehend the effect of this on Muslims. This crushes
Muslim beliefs that Americans are cowards and can only make war by dropping
bombs from 40,000 feet.

8. Secular 'Baath' style political movements are strong
in the Arab world. Although the Americans may succeed
in assassinating Saddam himself, the Iraqi Baath party
remains politically strong.

Where are these movements? Saddam is already irrelevant. The entire Baath
party is being destroyed.

9. American public support for the war is insufficient.
Although 55-60% of the American public currently
supports going to war with Iraq, only 40% support if
there is no U.N. resolution.

It was well-understood that support would grow after the war started. Nobody
likes to see war, but once it starts we want it over asap. And when we see
there is real progress toward getting rid of Saddam, more people support it.

The poll that I saw this morning (sorry, I don't have a cite handy) said that
support was running at 70 percent and that 76 percent said that the coalition
forces were have minor problems or no problems at all.

10. Aftermath of the American defeat. [snip idiotic speculation]

Forget it. We're wiping them out. I predict that the fighting will be over by
the end of April -- probably sooner.

--Alan Dechert
"Most people love a good story more than they love the truth."
http://www.go2zero.com/adechert/

Bradley K. Sherman

Mar 30, 2003, 5:11:03 PM3/30/03
In article <20030330163708...@mb-fq.aol.com>,

Alan Dechert <adec...@aol.com> wrote:
>b...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman) wrote:
>>
>>Could you point out where Khoury was wrong (so far)?

Okay Alan, your objections are noted, but they are
to future predictions, not the current situation.

We'll see how things play out in the next few weeks.

End of April? That would be great.

--bks

Alan Dechert

Mar 31, 2003, 1:37:20 PM3/31/03
b...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman) wrote:

>In article <20030330163708...@mb-fq.aol.com>,
>Alan Dechert <adec...@aol.com> wrote:
>>b...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman) wrote:
>>>
>>>Could you point out where Khoury was wrong (so far)?
>
>Okay Alan, your objections are noted, but they are
>to future predictions, not the current situation.
>
>We'll see how things play out in the next few weeks.
>
>End of April? That would be great.

I'll add one more prediction would make things not so great. The absolute
worst thing they Iraqis might pull would be to use WMDs on their own people
while claiming the U.S. did it. Lots of Muslims would believe it. The war
could get VERY nasty. I don't think it would prolong the war very much in
terms of weeks, but casulties -- especially Iraqi civilians -- could be very
high.

Ugly, but it could happen. I'm not saying it will, and I certainly hope it
doesn't.

Mike

Mar 31, 2003, 4:09:20 PM3/31/03
or vice versa.

"Alan Dechert" <adec...@aol.com> wrote in message

Alan Dechert

Mar 31, 2003, 4:34:48 PM3/31/03
"Mike" mg13...@ncr.com wrote:

>or vice versa.

Let me get this straight, Mike. You think it's possible that the U.S. could
use chem or bio weapons and try to pin it on Iraq?

--Alan Dechert

Mike

Apr 2, 2003, 4:42:57 PM4/2/03
1. Is the inverse of that what you were suggesting?
2. Three words: Cambodia, Laos, Thailand.
3. I beleive the leadership is evil enough to give the orders, but not sure
the children sent to kill and die for Dubya's oil would carry it out, but
see 2.

"Alan Dechert" <adec...@aol.com> wrote in message

Alan Dechert

Apr 2, 2003, 6:03:33 PM4/2/03
"Mike" <mg13...@ncr.com> wrote in message

Thank you for your response.

-- Alan Dechert
http://www.go2zero.com/adechert

Tom Beckner

Apr 3, 2003, 2:58:59 AM4/3/03

> Forget it. We're wiping them out. I predict that the fighting will be
over by
> the end of April -- probably sooner.

Iraqi resistance has been effective enough that no U.S. generals
are sleeping in a Baghdad hotel yet.

I don't think it'll be any different in April.

Tom Beckner

Bob Brock

Apr 3, 2003, 8:17:38 AM4/3/03
On Thu, 3 Apr 2003 02:58:59 -0500, "Tom Beckner" <tbec...@erols.com>
wrote:

Damn, you mean that you think that the war could last a whole two
months or more? I didn't know that wars could last so long.

ROTFLMAO.

Alan Dechert

Apr 3, 2003, 10:57:02 AM4/3/03
"Tom Beckner" tbec...@erols.com wrote:

>Iraqi resistance has been effective enough that no U.S. generals
>are sleeping in a Baghdad hotel yet.
>
>I don't think it'll be any different in April.

Prediction noted.

Mike

Apr 3, 2003, 3:00:04 PM4/3/03
Alan,

No problem, but you did not answer mine.

Is the statement that "it is possible that the US could use WMD in Iraq and
blame it on Saddam" the same as "it would be the worse outcome?"
We are supposed to be the good guys(tm).

"Alan Dechert" <adec...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

EIGRP

Apr 3, 2003, 8:38:23 PM4/3/03
pitiful

Alan Dechert

Apr 3, 2003, 8:42:45 PM4/3/03
"EIGRP" <noshu...@vty.org> wrote in message
> pitiful

Who are you?

Alan Dechert

Mike

Apr 4, 2003, 3:05:30 PM4/4/03
I believe he is "pitiful" (that's what it says).

"Alan Dechert" <adec...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Alan Dechert

Apr 4, 2003, 6:48:23 PM4/4/03

> I believe he is "pitiful" (that's what it says).

I didn't mean to imply that. I did not say that. I hope it's not true.
That was not *my* interpretation. I would never assume that.

Tom Beckner

Jun 19, 2003, 3:46:36 AM6/19/03

Bob Brock <bbr...@i-america.net> wrote in message

I'm not laughing.

I don't know how long it'll last. Depends on how long the taxpayers are
willing to trust politicians with the lives of their children, using them to
invade foreign countries.

There's still enough resistance to the invasion to keep Union generals from
walking the streets in Baghdad or spending the night in a Baghdad hotel.

Patriotism, blind allegiance to the state, relies on propaganda. There's
enough of that to keep things going for a while just like in Bosnia or
Vietnam.
---

<http://www.sobran.com/columns/2003/030603.shtml>

Now They Tell Us

June 3, 2003

C.S. Lewis once overheard some soldiers conversing during wartime. He was
startled to discover that they all casually assumed their government was
lying to them. They weren't the least bit outraged by it; they simply took
for granted that this is what governments always do. It was putting their
lives at stake, yet they didn't trust it to tell them the truth. Lewis was
shocked that they weren't shocked.

Plain men are pretty hard to fool. The French observer Jacques Ellul has
written that educated men are far more susceptible to propaganda than the
uneducated. And since most people now go to college, it would seem that
propaganda may now be at the height of its influence.

Why is this? We like to think that education creates an immunity to
propaganda, a rational, skeptical outlook. In fact, it may do just the
reverse. It may create in us a disposition to settle for fancy words and
high-sounding slogans instead of results. Colleges are hotbeds of
ideologies. The Baby Boomers, when they reached college age, exemplified
this perfectly. Around the world a whole generation of Marxists sprang not
from the "proletariat" or "the working classes," but from the campuses.

Marxism was what the French call a false but clear idea - the sort of
seductive oversimplification, or intellectual panacea, that a bit of
education makes tempting. Other such ideas, full of mass appeal for the
modestly college-educated, include liberalism, feminism, Zionism, and
neoconservatism.

The war on Iraq was the fruit of neoconservative propaganda. One of its
authors, the hawkish deputy defense secretary Paul Wolfowitz, has now
admitted to Vanity Fair magazine that Saddam Hussein's supposed weapons of
mass destruction were only a "bureaucratic reason" for the war, a reason
everyone in the Bush administration could agree on.

Not exactly a lie, perhaps, but a sort of convenient fiction. Of course no
such weapons were used by the Iraqis during the war, and the victors have
been unable to find them. President Bush still insists they will turn up
sooner or later.

Wolfowitz's admission has caused a stir in this country, but a real uproar
in England, where Prime Minister Tony Blair may lose his job over it. The
British, even those who favored the war, are taking this issue very
seriously.

The pro-war press in America is trying to play down the phantom WMDs. As
Investor's Business Daily puts it, "Finding banned weapons to placate the
anti-war crowd should be far, far down the list" of "unfinished tasks in
Iraq." To placate the anti-war crowd?

For months the administration harped on WMDs as the chief reason for war on
Iraq. Remember Colin Powell's long aria to the United Nations Security
Council? That was supposed to be the moment of truth, the dramatic moment
when the hawks would lay all their big cards on the table, though it turned
out to be a farrago of dubious sources. It has since transpired that U.S.
intelligence agencies doubted that Saddam Hussein had any WMDs to speak of.

So now we are told that only nit-pickers of "the anti-war crowd" ever made
an issue of the forbidden weapons. And wouldn't you just know, they're doing
it again!

The new propaganda line is that Saddam Hussein was so evil - as witness the
exhumed corpses of his many victims - that the war was justified in order to
liberate the Iraqi people from his tyranny. So it had nothing to do with
American defense and national security after all. Just as "the anti-war
crowd" was saying all along.

Propaganda, like dairy products, should come with an expiration date. It's
usually abandoned once it has served its purpose. The WMD story worked very
well when it was needed to whip up war fever. It provided a temporary
excuse, disarmed skepticism, isolated critics. Now it isn't needed anymore
and should be discarded before it becomes too ridiculous.

"The anti-war crowd" were neither a subversive, Kremlin-funded organization
nor an auxiliary of al-Qaeda. They were merely scattered individuals who
tried to keep a grip on their common sense in the face of what they
recognized to be a lot of hooey from their own government. So they were
right. What's the point of bickering with them now? They lost.

It's always instructive, and often entertaining, to compare postwar
propaganda with pre-war propaganda. As the victors tell it, the reasons for
war tend to get nobler and nobler with time, and their more absurd lies
often fall quietly away in the retelling.

Joseph Sobran

Copyright © 2003 by the Griffin Internet Syndicate,
a division of Griffin Communications
This column may not be reprinted in print or
Internet publications without express permission
of Griffin Internet Syndicate

End quoted material.

Tom Beckner

Bob Brock

Jun 20, 2003, 11:22:09 AM6/20/03
On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 03:46:36 -0400, "Tom Beckner" <tbec...@erols.com>
wrote:

>Bob Brock <bbr...@i-america.net> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 3 Apr 2003 02:58:59 -0500, "Tom Beckner" <tbec...@erols.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>> >Alan Dechert <adec...@aol.com> wrote in message

>> >over by
>> >
>> >Iraqi resistance has been effective enough that no U.S. generals
>> >are sleeping in a Baghdad hotel yet.
>> >
>> >I don't think it'll be any different in April.
>> >
>> >Tom Beckner
>> >
>> Damn, you mean that you think that the war could last a whole two
>> months or more? I didn't know that wars could last so long.
>>
>> ROTFLMAO.
>
>I'm not laughing.

We all know that Tom. Your crying and sniffing are pretty much par.

>I don't know how long it'll last. Depends on how long the taxpayers are
>willing to trust politicians with the lives of their children, using them to
>invade foreign countries.

Well, since you never fought in a war and your children never fought
in a war, wouldn't this all be conjecture on your part. Kinda like
Y2k. When are you guys going to figure out that after that
demonstration of analytical capabilities, your opinions are pretty
much a running joke. Hell, you still think the Civil War is going on.

>There's still enough resistance to the invasion to keep Union generals from
>walking the streets in Baghdad or spending the night in a Baghdad hotel.

I understand that Presidents are reluctant to do open car motorcades
in Texas too.

>Patriotism, blind allegiance to the state, relies on propaganda. There's
>enough of that to keep things going for a while just like in Bosnia or
>Vietnam.
>---

Um....Tom....we still have troops in Bosnia. Some things are indeed
worth fighting for, but you will never know that. You're too busy
enjoying the freedoms gained by those who will fight while whining
about them doing it.

Those responsible for planning, aiding, or abetting in the type of
terrorist attacks that led up to the WTC deserve everything that we
can give them. That includes those who reward the families of young
men who strap explosives to their backs and blow themselves up in
pizza parlors. Those people who are being killed and buried in mass
graves because of their ethnic background are worthy of protection.
Peacefull countries invaded by a neighbor to obtian oils wells and
seaports are worthy of protection.

As I said Tom, some things are worth fighting for. You apparently
don't feel that way. To that, all I can say is for you to keep
enjoying those freedoms that those who do secure for you and yours.

Mike

Jun 20, 2003, 2:11:32 PM6/20/03

"Bob Brock" <bbr...@i-america.net> wrote in message
[stuff cut]

Well, since you never fought in a war and your children never fought
in a war, and Dubya never fought in a war (there was one in progress, he
just didn't fight in it; he was too busy hiding out in the Texas Air
National Guard - taking so seriously that he didn't know to remove his
parachute harness from around his wee-wee when he left a jet plane).

> Those responsible for planning, aiding, or abetting in the type of
> terrorist attacks that led up to the WTC deserve everything that we
> can give them. That includes those who reward the families of young
> men who strap explosives to their backs and blow themselves up in
> pizza parlors. Those people who are being killed and buried in mass
> graves because of their ethnic background are worthy of protection.

So, when we cream Saudi Arabia, you gonna get yourself one of those cool
codpieces for your flight uniform, just like Gee Dubya?

> Peacefull countries invaded by a neighbor to obtian oils wells and
> seaports are worthy of protection.

This one had to stand by itself. So you're saying that if you attack a
country to steal it's oil, thats bad?
Uh-oh, the black helicopters are circlin' Brock's house.

Truth, the other white meat.

Bob Brock

Jun 21, 2003, 12:02:50 AM6/21/03
On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 14:11:32 -0400, "Mike" <mg13...@ncr.com> wrote:

>"Bob Brock" <bbr...@i-america.net> wrote in message
>[stuff cut]
>Well, since you never fought in a war and your children never fought
>in a war, and Dubya never fought in a war (there was one in progress, he
>just didn't fight in it; he was too busy hiding out in the Texas Air
>National Guard - taking so seriously that he didn't know to remove his
>parachute harness from around his wee-wee when he left a jet plane).

Really. I served in Vietnam and my son serves with the 1st Air
Calv... I detect a reality disconnect here, but it's not mine.

>> Those responsible for planning, aiding, or abetting in the type of
>> terrorist attacks that led up to the WTC deserve everything that we
>> can give them. That includes those who reward the families of young
>> men who strap explosives to their backs and blow themselves up in
>> pizza parlors. Those people who are being killed and buried in mass
>> graves because of their ethnic background are worthy of protection.
>So, when we cream Saudi Arabia, you gonna get yourself one of those cool
>codpieces for your flight uniform, just like Gee Dubya?
>
>> Peacefull countries invaded by a neighbor to obtian oils wells and
>> seaports are worthy of protection.
>This one had to stand by itself. So you're saying that if you attack a
>country to steal it's oil, thats bad?
>Uh-oh, the black helicopters are circlin' Brock's house.

Reading comprehension problems? I notice that you snipped the part
concerning those who provide material support to those who who's boys

blow themselves up in pizza parlors.

Tom Beckner

Jun 21, 2003, 5:26:17 AM6/21/03

Bob Brock <bbr...@i-america.net> wrote in message

> Well, since you never fought in a war and your children never fought
> in a war, wouldn't this all be conjecture on your part. Kinda like
> Y2k. When are you guys going to figure out that after that
> demonstration of analytical capabilities, your opinions are pretty
> much a running joke. Hell, you still think the Civil War is going on.

Quote:

<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A14492-2003Jun19.html>

At a checkpoint on the outskirts of Baghdad set up to search for illegal
weapons, a soldier sweating in the 110-degree heat told a reporter, "Tell
President Bush to bring us home." On a skylight atop Fallujah's city hall, a
soldier has scrawled in the dust: "I'll kill for a ticket home."

End quote.

The Union now has another 100,000 men that have had their eyes opened. They
each could have a strong influence on ten other people when they come home.
This could cause some difficulty for the politicians as Lyndon Johnson
learned first hand.
---

"It's always instructive, and often entertaining, to compare postwar
propaganda with pre-war propaganda. As the victors tell it, the reasons for
war tend to get nobler and nobler with time, and their more absurd lies

often fall quietly away in the retelling." -- Joseph Sobran

Tom Beckner

docd...@panix.com

Jun 21, 2003, 8:33:39 AM6/21/03
In article <bd184f$1on$1...@bob.news.rcn.net>,

Tom Beckner <tbec...@erols.com> wrote:

>Bob Brock <bbr...@i-america.net> wrote in message
>
>> Well, since you never fought in a war and your children never fought
>> in a war, wouldn't this all be conjecture on your part. Kinda like
>> Y2k. When are you guys going to figure out that after that
>> demonstration of analytical capabilities, your opinions are pretty
>> much a running joke. Hell, you still think the Civil War is going on.
>
>Quote:
>
><http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A14492-2003Jun19.html>

quote:

<http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=7p9f11%24ba4%241%40autumn.news.rcn.net&output=gplain>

--begin quoted text:

NBC is under license by the fedgov.

The storyline will be whatever fedgov wants it to be.

--end quoted text

quote:

<http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=7uhm5v%24pp0%241%40autumn.news.rcn.net>

--begin quoted text:

Actually, universities are in the same license dillema as
the media, aren't they? They operate at the pleasure of
the state and fedgov.

--end quoted text

Interesting that you should find it worthwhile to quote those who 'operate
at the pleasure of the fedgov' due to their media licenses, Mr Beckner.

[snip]

>The Union now has another 100,000 men that have had their eyes opened.

The South has still lost... but maybe this time something will be learned
and the equivalent of 'Carry Me Back to Ol' Virginny' won't be allowed as
a state song.

DD

Bob Brock

Jun 21, 2003, 12:07:41 PM6/21/03
On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 05:26:17 -0400, "Tom Beckner" <tbec...@erols.com>
wrote:

>Bob Brock <bbr...@i-america.net> wrote in message
>
>> Well, since you never fought in a war and your children never fought
>> in a war, wouldn't this all be conjecture on your part. Kinda like
>> Y2k. When are you guys going to figure out that after that
>> demonstration of analytical capabilities, your opinions are pretty
>> much a running joke. Hell, you still think the Civil War is going on.
>
>Quote:
>
><http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A14492-2003Jun19.html>
>
>At a checkpoint on the outskirts of Baghdad set up to search for illegal
>weapons, a soldier sweating in the 110-degree heat told a reporter, "Tell
>President Bush to bring us home." On a skylight atop Fallujah's city hall, a
>soldier has scrawled in the dust: "I'll kill for a ticket home."
>
>End quote.
>
>The Union now has another 100,000 men that have had their eyes opened. They
>each could have a strong influence on ten other people when they come home.
>This could cause some difficulty for the politicians as Lyndon Johnson
>learned first hand.

Tom found a homesick soldier! OH.....MY.....GOD....I never knew that
such things existed. So are you trying to tell me that homesick
soldiers are unique to the current adminstration or to the US forces
in general. Granted, any opinions you express would be mere
conjecture because you and yours don't see anything worth fighting
for.

It appears that some people are looking for excuses to become
anti-government. You know, a couple of years ago, it was the
Democrats inept handling of the Y2k bug that would surely kill us all.
These days they grasp at anyting. Some run to LaRouche and some tell
us that homesick solders will be our downfall. Then we find out that
the ring leader of the Y2kLoons will probably be seen in a Va.
Wal-Mart parking lot with a sign saying "I work for food" if he can't
find enough suckers on the Internet.

The bottom line is that terrorist killed a bunch of Americans in NYC a
couple of years ago. Those who conspired to do it need to die. Those
who knowingly provide support to those who promote political causes by
rproviding rewards to the families of children who blow themselves up
in pizza parlors need to removed from power.

Homesick soldiers were on both sides during the Civil War. Once side
lost and one side won. Now, if you can just figure out which was
which.

Tom Beckner

Jun 22, 2003, 8:57:21 AM6/22/03

> The bottom line is that terrorist killed a bunch of Americans in NYC a
> couple of years ago. Those who conspired to do it need to die.

They will.

Those accused by the Union are / were Saudis.

The alleged leader of the conspiracy was named as Osama bin Laden. He is a
former business associate of the president's family and the CIA. There is a
multi-million dollar reward for his apprehension.

Tom Beckner

Bob Brock

Jun 22, 2003, 1:35:42 PM6/22/03
On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 08:57:21 -0400, "Tom Beckner" <tbec...@erols.com>
wrote:

Good. Now we need to take care of those people who forment terrorism
by sending money to the families of suicide bombers who blow
thmeselves up in pizza parlors.

Oh yea...we did that too didn't we?

Tom Beckner

Jun 22, 2003, 9:42:36 PM6/22/03

> Good. Now we need to take care of those people who forment terrorism
> by sending money to the families of suicide bombers who blow
> thmeselves up in pizza parlors.
>
> Oh yea...we did that too didn't we?

If you say so.

There was a man being sought for exploding a bomb at the Olympics in
Atlanta. He was recently apprehended and is under indictment.

I'm not aware of any pizza parlors being blown up in North Carolina or here
in Virginia. Where were they located?

Tom Beckner

Bob Brock

Jun 22, 2003, 10:10:53 PM6/22/03
On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 21:42:36 -0400, "Tom Beckner" <tbec...@erols.com>
wrote:

>Bob Brock <bbr...@i-america.net> wrote in message
>
>> Good. Now we need to take care of those people who forment terrorism
>> by sending money to the families of suicide bombers who blow
>> thmeselves up in pizza parlors.
>>
>> Oh yea...we did that too didn't we?
>
>If you say so.
>
>There was a man being sought for exploding a bomb at the Olympics in
>Atlanta. He was recently apprehended and is under indictment.

Actually, he was initally sought in connection with an abortion clinic
bombing where an off duty LEO and a nurse were killed. A withness
identified his car being parked outside the clinic shortly before the
early AM explosion. He is being tried on those charges. The Olympic
bombing charges came later in the search because of similarities in
the type of bomb used. His initial trials will be on the abortion
clinic bombings.

Two points Tom. Get you facts straight and pick your heros more
carefully.

>I'm not aware of any pizza parlors being blown up in North Carolina or here
>in Virginia. Where were they located?

Damn you're dumb...

Tom Beckner

Jun 22, 2003, 11:27:09 PM6/22/03

> Two points Tom. Get you facts straight and pick your heros more
> carefully.

Villians should merit critical examination, the same as heros. Take Richard
Jewell for example. The FBI judged him to be the villian in the Olympic
bombing. While spending months persecuting an innocent man, the criminal was
free to furthur threaten the community.

> >I'm not aware of any pizza parlors being blown up in North Carolina or
here
> >in Virginia. Where were they located?
>
> Damn you're dumb...

You raised the issue of a pizza parlor problem in the discussion of the
invasion of a foreign country. Relevant facts you might want to consider
include evidence and jurisdiction.

Tom Beckner

Bob Brock

Jun 23, 2003, 12:06:19 AM6/23/03
On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 23:27:09 -0400, "Tom Beckner" <tbec...@erols.com>
wrote:

>Bob Brock <bbr...@i-america.net> wrote in message
>
>> Two points Tom. Get you facts straight and pick your heros more
>> carefully.
>
>Villians should merit critical examination, the same as heros. Take Richard
>Jewell for example. The FBI judged him to be the villian in the Olympic
>bombing. While spending months persecuting an innocent man, the criminal was
>free to furthur threaten the community.

That has absolutely no relevalence to Eric Ruldolph blowing up
abortion clinics.

>> >I'm not aware of any pizza parlors being blown up in North Carolina or
>here
>> >in Virginia. Where were they located?
>>
>> Damn you're dumb...
>
>You raised the issue of a pizza parlor problem in the discussion of the
>invasion of a foreign country. Relevant facts you might want to consider
>include evidence and jurisdiction.

Tim, both North Carolina and Virginia are located inside the United
States and are not foriegn countries. Hence the damn, you're dumb
comment.

Keep that jokes comming son...you're a riot.

Mike

Jun 24, 2003, 4:21:00 PM6/24/03
Not you Bob, maybe to help along your mind it should have been:

"Bob Brock" <bbr...@i-america.net> wrote in message
[stuff cut]
>Well, since you never fought in a war and your children never fought
>in a war

and Dubya never fought in a war (there was one in progress, he
just didn't fight in it; he was too busy hiding out in the Texas Air
National Guard - taking so seriously that he didn't know to remove his
parachute harness from around his wee-wee when he left a jet plane).

sorry for being imprecise (don't stop reading now, however - more below!)

-----

> >codpieces for your flight uniform, just like Gee Dubya?

Here is the response to the pizza parlor part.

------------------------------

> >country to steal it's oil, thats bad?

and here is where I stated that this bit deserves special attention.

> >Uh-oh, the black helicopters are circlin' Brock's house.
>
> Reading comprehension problems? I notice that you snipped the part
> concerning those who provide material support to those who who's boys
> blow themselves up in pizza parlors.

Yes, it seems you do suffer from such, see above.

Mike

Jun 24, 2003, 4:23:39 PM6/24/03

"Bob Brock" <bbr...@i-america.net> wrote in message
[stuff cut]

> The bottom line is that terrorist killed a bunch of Americans in NYC a
> couple of years ago. Those who conspired to do it need to die. Those
> who knowingly provide support to those who promote political causes by
> rproviding rewards to the families of children who blow themselves up
> in pizza parlors need to removed from power.

So, when are you instituting this policy regarding the Saudi's?

Bob Brock

Jun 24, 2003, 11:19:52 PM6/24/03

If you show me where the government has provided monetary support to
the families of suicide bombers, I'll consider supporting one.

Nikkilak Glosenklan

May 20, 2022, 9:16:03 AM5/20/22
So, did we all learn something?

docd...@panix.com

May 20, 2022, 11:15:50 PM5/20/22
In article <9c52db0e-dca3-4112...@googlegroups.com>,
Perhaps, depending on which 'we' and which pizza parlor.

Having answered your question now I'll pose mine: what value do you
believe will be generated by your question?

DD