K-S (Kolmogorov-Smirnow)-Tests on normal distribution

christian scheifele

Jul 21, 2001, 11:19:44 AM7/21/01

does anyone have an explanation, why the K-S-Test from the menue "exporative
data analysis" (upper part of "analyse") give different results compared to
that from "non-parametric tests" in the lower part of the drop-down-menu
"analyse"?

Please excuse differencies resulting from german to english translation ;))
and have a nice weekend ...

chris, berlin

f. baart

Jul 29, 2001, 10:21:14 AM7/29/01
One of the two wil probably apply a Lillifors correction.
I am not quite sure what it does but I remember seeing it in relation to KS
normality tests.

Fedor

"christian scheifele" <christian...@charite.de> wrote in message

Rich Ulrich

Jul 30, 2001, 4:34:07 PM7/30/01
On Sat, 21 Jul 2001 17:19:44 +0200, "christian scheifele"
<christian...@charite.de> wrote:

> does anyone have an explanation, why the K-S-Test from the menue "exporative
> data analysis" (upper part of "analyse") give different results compared to
> that from "non-parametric tests" in the lower part of the drop-down-menu
> "analyse"?

As someone else suggested:
Does it or doesn't it have Lilliefor's correction?

The test in Explore is presented in the output
(of SPSS 9.0) with footnote (a) that mentions Lilliefor,
and nonpar tests does not.

--
Rich Ulrich, wpi...@pitt.edu
http://www.pitt.edu/~wpilib/index.html