call spss macro from python

malika elkadali

Sep 5, 2021, 4:59:17 PM9/5/21
Hi all,
i want to execute this spss code in python but ; i dont' know how can i call the code bethween DEFINE and !ENDDEFINE into python code (HOTDECK y=SALAIRE / deck=AGE :
DEFINE HOTDECK (y = !charend ('/')/deck = !charend ("/")).
Output New name = hotdeckextra.
!do !s !in (!y).
.
.
rename variables (newvar = !newname).
!doend.
output close name = hotdeckextra.
!ENDDEFINE.

GET FILE = 'D:\app\test.sav'.
HOTDECK y=SALAIRE / deck=AGE.

Rich Ulrich

Sep 6, 2021, 1:16:57 PM9/6/21
The experts on using python no longer read this usenet group.

You can try your question at the SPSS list (see below) - which,
unfortunately, has had a complexity added to using it. NABBLE
and the list used to be the same thing, but the link is no longer
assured.

I will mention that Jon (or whoever) will probably want to know
what you are trying to accomplish -- There may already be some
provision for what you detailed in your longer post.

Bruce Weaver posted a few weeks ago.
* * *
Hello everyone. On multiple occasions in the past, I have posted the
following advice in this forum:

is a lot more active than this forum these days. You might want to
join that list (if not already a member) and post your question there.
Via the page given above, click on -more options- near the top for
info on how to subscribe. HTH.

That advice is no longer relevant for two reasons.

1. The address of the SPSSX Discussion forum on Nabble has been
changed to:

http://spssx-discussion.165.s1.nabble.com/

2. More importantly, the link between that discussion forum and the
SPSSX-L listserv mailing list administered by UGA has been severed.

I don't have any hard data, but I suspect that the actual mailing list
has more active members than the Nabble forum does. Here is the
website for the UGA listserv, in case anyone wishes to subscribe to
that list:

https://listserv.uga.edu

Cheers,
Bruce