HELP!! ODBC problem: '999 - DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current installation'

Robert Garshnek

Oct 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/5/98
When I run the application that i created in the development mode it connects
to the database fine however when the source is compiled it gives me the
following error '999 - DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current
installation'. The deployment kit has been installed fine. I have made sure
that the datasource is defined. It just has a problem with the db vendor name
e.g. SQLCA.DBMS = 'ODBC'. Please help!!

R.G.

e-mail: rgar...@hotmail.com

Don Collins

Oct 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/5/98
to Robert Garshnek
In your application script, are you assigning the "pb.ini" string to a variable
to populate the properties of the transaction object? If you have something
like: startupfile = "pb.ini" you will need to include the entire path with the
filename. For example: startupfile = "c:\powerbuilder\pb5\pb.ini" or whatever
the path is.

Hope this helps.

Robert Garshnek wrote:

vcard.vcf

Simon Caldwell

Oct 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/5/98
This usually means it can't find PBODB050.DLL (or the equivalent for PB6.x).
Make sure you have included that DLL in the install.

Simon

Robert Garshnek wrote in message
<1DXR1.99$4a.6...@NewsRead.Toronto.iSTAR.net>...

JJB

Oct 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/5/98
The deployment kit doesn't update your path although it install all the
dll's needed. Just update your path statement and you should be fine

:<)