OpenDoc Problem

PeyyetiR

Oct 19, 2002, 7:29:14 AM10/19/02
Hello Guys:

I have macintosh system running macintosh OS 8.0. My problem is
this:

I have a openDoc document which contains some text. I want to
insert image (.jpg) which is created on windows box and
transffered to macintosh machine on floppy. But, when I drag
that image file and drop it into OpenDoc document, it shows
this message in the place of that picture:

"No editor is associated with this to show this image"

How can I insert images into openDoc document?

Regards,
Rohit

PS: If this is not the right newgroups for this questions.. can
someone redirect me to the right one please?

Hauke Fath

Oct 19, 2002, 7:05:15 PM10/19/02
PeyyetiR <ro...@translogicsys.com> wrote:

> I have macintosh system running macintosh OS 8.0. My problem is
> this:
>
> I have a openDoc document which contains some text. I want to
> insert image (.jpg) which is created on windows box and
> transffered to macintosh machine on floppy. But, when I drag
> that image file and drop it into OpenDoc document, it shows
> this message in the place of that picture:
>
> "No editor is associated with this to show this image"
>
> How can I insert images into openDoc document?

Can you insert a JPEG image that you created on the Mac? When you look
through 'Editor Setup' (should be in the control panels folder; I am
guessing here about the English title from the German version on my
machine) you should see at least one editor entry for JPEG documents.
Click 'show all' if you don't. You may have to explicitely assign JPEGs
to that.

Looking through my setup, I have 'JPEG data' and 'image/jpeg' assigned
to 'Cyberdog Picture Viewer 2.0' (provided you have Cyberdog installed).

Alternatively, you could install the 'Apple Image Viewer', or 'Colour
Edit 1.0'.

An alternative place to discuss this would be the newsgroup
'cyberdog.general' on 'nntp:news.causeuse.org'.

HTH,
hauke

--
"It's never straight up and down" (DEVO)