ODF: need Help: drag and drop from a palette

1 view

Stéphane Amaudruz

Nov 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/26/96

To produce a windows port of an application previously written with
PowerPlant and benefit from OD features, I started porting it to ODF.

My new project is based on ODF Draw, and will be some sort of a flow
chart editor.

I have a floating palette showing an assortiment of symbolic objects,
and the user shall be able to drag them onto the main editor frame to
create new items (that he can then link together...).

The problem is :
I couldn't find out how to initiate an object drag from my floating
palette's frame, which doesn't have any CContent nor CSelection defined.

I probably could call OpenDoc or the DragManager directly, but then I am
worried about how to receive the drag in the main editor frame.

Any help, tips or suggestions welcome.
Thanks a lot,
ivan

PS: Is there a more appropriate place to post ODF questions ?

Ivan Vecerina

Nov 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/26/96

Please reply to the newsgroup or to this correct email address :

ivan.v...@etumed.unil.ch

Thanks.