Font cmss10 is not supported in Matlab R2011b

Claudio

Nov 9, 2011, 5:18:14 AM11/9/11

In version 2010b (in Windows XP) I used to use this definition for my texts and labels:
xlabel('\textsf{Speed [m/s]}', 'interpreter','latex');

Since the installation of 2011b I get the following warning:
"Warning: Font cmss10 is not supported"

The font still appears as sans serif, but it's not cmss10.

I found that I can use the Tex interpreter:
xlabel('\fontname{Calibri}Speed [m/s]', 'interpreter','tex');
But in this case the following (which I used in 2010b) does not work:
xlabel('\textsf{$$\sqrt{\hbox {Speed [m/s]}}$$}', 'interpreter','tex');

Any ideas?
Claudio

Claudio

Nov 29, 2011, 3:32:09 AM11/29/11
Update:
It turns out that this "Font cmss10 is not supported" error is a Matlab bug. They are working to fix this!

Ron Lu

Jan 3, 2014, 12:15:08 PM1/3/14
How come I still have this warning with 2012b if they were working on it?

Thomas

Feb 6, 2015, 10:56:12 AM2/6/15
"Ron Lu" wrote in message <la6r6s$lh0$1...@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> How come I still have this warning with 2012b if they were working on it?

and the same in 2013b.....

Johannes Weidenauer

Jun 11, 2016, 6:13:08 PM6/11/16
"Thomas" wrote in message <mb2o6m$mi4$1...@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Ron Lu" wrote in message <la6r6s$lh0$1...@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > How come I still have this warning with 2012b if they were working on it?
> >

> and the same in 2013b.....

Still the same in 2015b (!)
If they really need 4 years to fix a bug, they should rather sell potatoes.
No, I don't think it's a bug, but what may cause this error message?

Claudio

Jul 25, 2016, 6:54:08 AM7/25/16
"Johannes Weidenauer" <e042...@student.tuwien.ac.at> wrote in message <nji2df$mj$1...@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
Still a bug in 2016b.
You guys should submit this bug to the Mathworks as well, maybe they will do something about it...

Philippe Demoulin

Jan 10, 2022, 9:21:12 AM1/10/22
Still a bug in 2019a !

Yoseob Yoon