camup changes when i rotate manually

David Doria

Nov 2, 2007, 10:14:17 AM11/2/07
I set:

camup([0 -1 0])

that changes camup('mode') to manual

then as soon as i rotate the plot manually, it switches
camup('mode') to auto and camup is back to [0 0 1].

How can I say "dont change cam up when i do soemthing" ?

Thanks

David

David Doria

Nov 3, 2007, 5:46:41 PM11/3/07
Basically I think that using the 'rotate' tool automatically
resets the camup property, but I cant find where ( in
rotate3d.m at least)

Any ideas of how i can use the "rotate with the mouse" tool
without resetting the camup value?

Thanks

Dave

"David Doria" <david...@gmail.com> wrote in message
<fgfbbp$c3f$1...@fred.mathworks.com>...

David Doria

Nov 5, 2007, 8:17:53 AM11/5/07
There doesn't seem to be anything in the documentation
about this at all, maybe it is not possible?

"David Doria" <david...@gmail.com> wrote in message

<fgiq81$gup$1...@fred.mathworks.com>...

David Doria

Nov 8, 2007, 10:24:52 AM11/8/07
The camup property seems to be pretty useless unless it will
stay set... am I missing something!?

"David Doria" <david...@gmail.com> wrote in message

<fgn561$78b$1...@fred.mathworks.com>...

David Doria

Nov 22, 2007, 6:53:44 PM11/22/07
Pleeeeaaaase hellllpppppp
hahaha

Dave

"David Doria" <david...@gmail.com> wrote in message

<fgv9o4$553$1...@fred.mathworks.com>...

Steven Lord

Nov 26, 2007, 1:13:31 AM11/26/07

> Pleeeeaaaase hellllpppppp

You should contact Technical Support with your question about the
interaction of CAMUP and ROTATE3D.

--
Steve Lord
sl...@mathworks.com

David Doria

Nov 26, 2007, 3:41:50 PM11/26/07
here is the response from tech support incase anyone else
was wondering:

I am writing in reference to your Service Request # 1-5C3Z6L
regarding 'camup property'.

You might want to use the CAMORBIT command to rotate your
figures. The CAMORBIT command rotates the camera view
around the camera target, or, if 'coordsys' and 'direction'
are specified as function parameters, it rotates the camera
view around the specified point or axes in the direction
indicated. The ROTATE3D command rotates the axes of the
plot around the origin, or around the axes specified as a
function parameter.

Note that the location of the camera target does not change
relative to the camera when CAMORBIT is used, but it may
change if ROTATE3D is used because ROTATE3D assumes a z
based coordinate system. There is no way to interactively
move the camera position with the mouse. All camera
position changes must be made at the command line.

For more information about the ROTATE3D and CAMORBIT
commands, refer to the documentation for each tool by typing

doc camorbit

"Steven Lord" <sl...@mathworks.com> wrote in message
<fido6b$rrp$1...@ginger.mathworks.com>...