Installing Excel Link

Jochen Urban

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

Hi
I've got a problem installing Excel Link:

When I check the box for Excel Link for use with MATLAB in Excel97
Add-Ins windows the following message appears:

run time error '49' (Laufzeitfehler)

wrong DLL calling convention (Falsche DLL Aufrufkonvention)

Any idea?

Thanx

Jochen

Mayeda Reyes-Kattar

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

Hi Jochen,

Excel Link 1.0.3 does not support Excel 97. However, we have a new
add-in available for Excel Link, to be used with MATLAB 5 and Excel 97.
This add-in is available on our FTP site:

ftp://ftp.mathworks.com/pub/tech-support/outgoing/Excel_Link/XL97/

Please download the following files from the above directory:

excllink.xla
exlisamp.xls

Put these files in your /MATLAB/exlink directory on your hard
drive (replace the
old files with the new ones from our FTP site if they already
exist in this directory).
Now you have Excel Link version 1.0.6.1 for use with Excel 97.
Follow the steps
below after downloading these files:

1. Go to the Tools menu, select the Add-ins menu item, and uncheck
the old Excel
Link add in

2. Exit Excel

3. Delete the old version of the Excel Link Add-in

4. Start Excel

5. Again, go to the Tools menu, select the Add-ins menu item, and
browse all the
way to the place where they placed the new Add-in (XLA file). Once
it's selected,
click on the OK button and make sure the Add-in is checked in the
Add-in dialog box. Click on OK.

-- Mayeda

Donna Sullivan

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

Should this be added/updated in the Excel Link printed documentation (and
PDF as well)?

Donna Sullivan
Doc Group editor

In article <34F4608B...@mathworks.com>, Mayeda Reyes-Kattar

Candace Kendrick

Mar 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/5/98

Hello Jochen,

You should look at the following solution on our Web site. You probably
still need to download the version of Excel Link compatible with Excel 97;
this solution tells you how:

http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/v5/7519.shtml

Candace Kendrick
Technical Support