Problem super block creation on scicos

gEx

Jun 29, 2009, 9:13:12 AM6/29/09
Hi
I would like to explain my bug/problem on scicos:

1/ I created this:
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/6843/78511009.jpg
When i run it, it works.

2/ Now i want to create a superblock on this like:
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/7888/58171702.jpg
It look like this:
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/1571/77658728.jpg
But it doesn't works. There is nothing on the scope...
What's my mistake?
Scilab send me back message like "not enough information to find port
sizes. I try to find the problem..." but that's not the cause of my
problem.

Thank you very much for help :)

ycollet

Jun 29, 2009, 10:59:14 AM6/29/09
On the left of the drawing:
- 4 wires come into the mux
- only 3 wires get out of the demux

I think you need to add or remove one wire.

YC

ycollet

Jun 29, 2009, 11:03:48 AM6/29/09
Are you sure that your first drawing works ?

YC

Francois Delebecque

Jun 29, 2009, 12:00:54 PM6/29/09
to sci...@inria.fr
Just creating the super block should not generate any problem. The
message you are getting shows that you are trying to do code generation.
This funcitonality does not work if you use a scifunc (Scilab function);
the functions operation will be inhibited. If you are not getting at
least a warning then there is a test missing somewhere. I'll check.

Fran�ois

gEx a �crit :

gEx

Jun 29, 2009, 2:25:24 PM6/29/09
@ycollet: Yes first drawing works. I get error "not enough information
to find port sizes. I try to find the problem..." but it works anyway
(Oui le premier schema fonctionne malgré l'erreur).

@Francois: I don't understand why first drawing works and when i try
to super block it, it fail... I don't know what code generation is.. :
( All that is mysterious for me lol
(Je ne comprend pas pourquoi mon premier schema fonctionne et quand
j'essaye de les "super blocker" celà ne marche plus :(. Je ne sais pas
ce qu'est le code generation :( )

Thanks very much bro
Merci beaucoup pour votre aide précieuse :)

Francois Delebecque

Jun 30, 2009, 5:33:50 AM6/30/09
to sci...@inria.fr
Hi

To avoid all problems with undetermined port sizes, enter the actual
sizes in the Mux and Demux block. For example instead of setting the
parameter to 4 (to tell it it has 4 inputs or outputs), enter [1 1 1 1]
which says there are 4 inputs or outpus of size 1.

gEx a �crit :

gEx

Jun 30, 2009, 5:38:20 AM6/30/09
Ok my problem is solved. Thx very much

Chandraprakash Chandrasekharan Pillai

Oct 30, 2020, 7:29:20 AM10/30/20
On Tuesday, 30 June 2009 at 15:08:20 UTC+5:30, gEx wrote:
> Ok my problem is solved. Thx very much

Hello All,

In Xcos, I am trying to convert a small circuit to superblock, lets say any circuit with input and output ports. But once it is converted to superblock, it is not showing any ports. Do you know what to be done here ?

cheers