running external win32 console program in Scilab (under Windows)

Jan Piekarski

Oct 5, 2022, 5:13:58 AM10/5/22

I need to run external (win32) terminal program inside Scilab. I've tried Scilab functions like: host(), dos(), unix in different variants (unix_w, etc).
The problem is that all of them are not showing output of the program during execution. Unfortunatelly I need to show info from win32 terminal program during execution (showing it after execution is too late).

In Octave there is function system(), which shows outputs during program is run. Both standard input and ouputs are passed to Octave Command Window, (i.e. program is really waiting for pressing a key)
>> system("pause");
Press any key to continue . . .

Is there any possibility to achieve something similar in Scilab? At least if interaction not possible, is it possible to show standard output before called program is ended?

Kind regards,
Jan