[question] who is in charge of this forum?

F. S. Farimani

Feb 17, 2022, 7:11:56 AM2/17/22
Hello everyone,

Although this group is still active and some nice Q/A is happening here, it is heavily spammed and is in desperate need of moderation.
According to this page, Claude Gomez and Ramine Nikoukhah initiated this newsgroup.
I have been in contact with Ramineh, but he has no idea who is/are the moderator(s). We have tried contacting Claude using his scilab.org and scilab-entreprises.com emails, to no avail. I have also sent an email to Maurice Goursat, waiting for a response.

So I am sending this email right to the group hoping someone knows the managers or any of them see the email directly. Thanks for your kind support in advance and looking forward to hearing back

Best,
Foad

F. S. Farimani

Feb 20, 2022, 8:42:31 AM2/20/22
Sadly Claude doesn't have administrative privileges on this group either, as he responded to my email in private. 😔

Best,
F.

philippe

Mar 14, 2022, 5:33:44 PM3/14/22
hi,

this is a usenet news group, nobody owns it, this was the rule in the
90's. But the absence of moderators has killed most of the usenets
groups due to a huge volume of spams since 2000-2005. Now the group
seems to comeback from hell but the most active list about scilab is
still gmane.comp.mathematics.scilab.user

Philippe

vincent....@gmail.com

May 7, 2022, 7:21:42 AM5/7/22
philippe <roux...@gmail.com> writes:

[...]

> Now the group seems to comeback from hell but the most active list
> about scilab is still gmane.comp.mathematics.scilab.user
>
> Philippe

[...]

Frankly speaking, this group still exists, but the very low volume of
messages here does not allow to say that it is active whatsoever. So I
am not sure what you mean by “seems to come back from hell”.

Vincent.