Java error in Mathematica 9

berthold...@gmail.com

Dec 23, 2012, 7:08:43 AM12/23/12

I have a problem in Mathematica 9. Every freeform and/or wolfram alpha request is triggering the following errors:

LinkObject::linkn: Argument LinkObject["C:\Program Files\Wolfram Research\Mathematica\9.0\SystemFiles\Java\Windows-x86-64\bin\javaw" -classpath "C:\Program Files\Wolfr\[Ellipsis] assLoader com.wolfram.jlink.Install -init "C:\Users\..\AppData\Local\Temp\..",97,5] in LinkReadyQ[LinkObject["C:\Program Files\Wolfram Research\Mathematica\9.0\SystemFiles\Java\Windows-x86-64\bin\javaw" -classpath "C:\Program Files\[Ellipsis] der com.wolfram.jlink.Install -init "C:\Users\..\AppData\Local\Temp\..",97,5]] has an invalid LinkObject number; the link may be closed. >>

InstallJava::fail: A link to the Java runtime could not be established.

Anybody knows what could cause this?

Regards

Berthold Hamburger

Berthold Hamburger

Dec 27, 2012, 5:02:07 AM12/27/12
Short update: Fundamentally every WolframAlpha query that originates from within Mathematica on any of my Systems (one 8.04 the other 9.0) is answered by above Java error.
I checked/disabled firewall/antivirus to no avail.

I would very much appreciate any ideas about what could be the cause.

Regards

Berthold