Re: linear quadtree source code in C++ available

esta...@gmail.com

Aug 30, 2017, 7:23:44 PM8/30/17
El miércoles, 23 de febrero de 2000, 5:00:00 (UTC-3), balm...@lcavsun1.epfl.ch escribió:
> Hi
>
> I just wanted to let know the people using a quadtree datastructure that
> set up a web site containing C++ source code, man pages and
> documentation
> for a linear quadtree. The nice thing about this quadtree is that the
> nodes can
> be browsed in constant time, namely, each move in the quadtree has the
> exact
> computational cost of ONE addition. Any traversal of the nodes can be
> implemented, for ex. I solved the coplanarity problem of hierarchical
> triangulation
> in optimal computational time in
> http://lcavwww.epfl.ch/~balmelli/downloads/vmv99.ps.gz
> The code is very simple to use, the nodes are traversed with simple
> function
> like "goNorth", "goSouth"... any browsing can be implemented. The method
> obtain the constant time property is described in
> http://lcavwww.epfl.ch/~balmelli/downloads/quadtree.ps.gz
>
> I use the quadtree in computer graphics to store hierarchical meshes
> built on terrain
> data. The quadtree is also very useful in image processing, compression,
> digital signal processing.
> The quadtree is organized as A SPATIAL DATASTRUCTURE, which makes it
> very
> useful to store such kind of spatially organized data.
>
> Download the code on the website and register! I am not representing a
> company, i'm
> only a phd student, so your email will not be used for any commercial
> purpose. :)))
> Registered people will receive update of code, and a soon-to-come Java
> applet
> demonstrating the quadtree usage. The website is at
> http://lcavwww.epfl.ch/~balmelli/software/quadtree/index.html
>
> enjoy, any comments are welcome!
>
> all the best,
> Laurent Balmelli
> Ecole Polytechnique Federal de Lausanne

hi, mi name is Estanislao Perez Peña, i am from Argentina and i have to use linear quadtree to represent a matrix, i try to download you code, but it was imposible to me because y need permissions which i dont have.

i'm writing to you, to see if it can be possible to you send me your code.

i'm apologyze of mi english, thank you in advance.

Perez Peña Estanislao.