depending on file type ...., a small demo code for 9691

Uli

Jul 25, 2014, 5:39:46 AM7/25/14
on T.U.R.F. I placed some (downloadable) demo uniface code about how to program dependencies on filetypes nowadays.
It's based on 9.6.01 and shows the use of $rscan and single-quoted syntax strings in selectcase statement.

See: http://hosted.byjones.net/turf/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1629

Uli
- Keine Toleranz für Zensur im Internet -

Geoff May

Jul 26, 2014, 5:08:41 AM7/26/14
On 25/07/2014 10:39, Uli wrote:
> on T.U.R.F. I placed some (downloadable) demo uniface code about how to program dependencies on filetypes nowadays.
> It's based on 9.6.01 and shows the use of $rscan and single-quoted syntax strings in selectcase statement.
>
> See: http://hosted.byjones.net/turf/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1629

Hi Uli,

There are Windows command line interface commands that allow you to work
out what the individual Windows machine is set up to use:
assoc - works out the file extensions association
ftype = works out what executable is called for the association

For example, you have:
C:\>assoc .pdf
.pdf=AcroExch.Document

C:\>ftype AcroExch.Document
AcroExch.Document="C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader
10.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe" "%1"

And you can fire up the associated executable directly by spawning just
the full filename (extension included).

Cheers

Geoff

Uli

Aug 17, 2014, 2:25:41 AM8/17/14
Hi Geoff,

if you follow the links to the original question, it's about to find out which OCX painted on the form is capable to display the different files.
If it's only about to make the operating system hanle the file, a simple spawn of the file is sufficient to start whatever is associated with the extension.

Uli