ACE 6.0 Static Builds on VC2008/2010

C Pates

Feb 9, 2011, 7:23:07 PM2/9/11

Been working with ACE 5.6 for some time and thought I'd take ACE 6.0
for a spin! I noticed that there are no VC solution files for
building ACE as static libs rather than DLLs, unlike in past versions.

Is there an easy way to build these? I noticed the docs on MPC but
haven't got around to learning this system yet - is there a simple
command line I could use with it if MPC will do the trick? (Not
trying to be lazy, just trying to get into using ACE 6 as soon as!)

TIA for any help.

Regards

Carl

Johnny Willemsen

Feb 10, 2011, 4:20:27 AM2/10/11
to C Pates, ace-...@list.isis.vanderbilt.edu
Hi,

> Been working with ACE 5.6 for some time and thought I'd take ACE 6.0
> for a spin! I noticed that there are no VC solution files for
> building ACE as static libs rather than DLLs, unlike in past versions.

Yes, it is true we don't ship these by default anymore, we had more
project files than code

> Is there an easy way to build these? I noticed the docs on MPC but
> haven't got around to learning this system yet - is there a simple
> command line I could use with it if MPC will do the trick? (Not
> trying to be lazy, just trying to get into using ACE 6 as soon as!)

Yes, install perl and run:
mwc.pl -type vc9 -static

Johnny

C Pates

Feb 10, 2011, 3:49:54 PM2/10/11
On Feb 10, 9:20 am, Johnny Willemsen <jwillem...@remedy.nl> wrote:

> Yes, install perl and run:
>  mwc.pl -type vc9 -static

Hi Johnny,

Sorry to be a pain but I couldn't get that to work - I'm not sure what
I'm doing wrong:

I installed ActivePerl and executed the mwc.pl in ACE_Wrappers\bin.
(I did define ACE_ROOT in the environment before running.)

Here's the output it gave me:

Using .../ACE 6.0.1/ACE_wrappers/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/MPC.cfg
CIAO_ROOT was used in the configuration file, but was not defined.
DANCE_ROOT was used in the configuration file, but was not defined.
Generating 'vc9' output using default input
Generation Time: 0s

I got a very strange file called PerlAce.sln? I even tried going back
to the ACE 5.8 static sln files and using the MPC command line from
there (with changed directories) which at least gave me a file called
PerlACE_vc9_Static.sln instead!

(I downloaded Komodo in an attempt to debug the script but as I'm not
a Perl programmer some of what I saw escaped me...) I'm obviously
doing something crazy, just don't know what.

Thanks for your help so far

Regards

Carl

Johnny Willemsen

Feb 11, 2011, 3:34:48 AM2/11/11
to C Pates, ace-...@list.isis.vanderbilt.edu
Hi,

You need to run mwc.pl in the directory for which you want to have the
solutions, for example ACE_wrappers/ace

Johnny

C Pates

Feb 11, 2011, 4:13:59 AM2/11/11
On Feb 11, 8:34 am, Johnny Willemsen <jwillem...@remedy.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You need to run mwc.pl in the directory for which you want to have the
> solutions, for example ACE_wrappers/ace
>
> Johnny

Hi Johnny,

And that's the bit I didn't get - d'oh!

It's working great now - thanks very much for your help.

Regards

Carl

waqqas sharif

Oct 22, 2020, 3:39:14 AM10/22/20
Hello,

I have downloaded ACE-6.5.11and using MPC to create a static solution for VS_2019 and it does not work. I don't get a static solution at the end.

I am running mwc.pl inside the $ACE_ROOT/ace directory.

Regards
Waqqas