[CFP]: The 10th International Conference on Critical Information Infrastructures Security (CRITIS 2015)

alcara...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2015, 1:34:58 PM3/26/15
*** Apologies for multiple copies ***

C a l l F o r P a p e r s

The 10th International Conference on Critical Information Infrastructures Security (CRITIS 2015)

Berlin, Germany, October 5-7, 2015

http://www.critis2015.org

Conference Outline:

CRITIS 2015 has four foci. Topic category 1, Resilience and protection of cyber-physical systems, covers advances in the classical CIIP sectors telecommunication, cyber systems and electricity infrastructures. Topic category 2 focuses on advances in C(I)IP policies and best practices in C(I)IP specifically from stakeholders' perspectives. In topic category 3, general advances in C(I)IP, we are explicitly inviting contributions from additional infrastructure sectors like energy, transport, and smart built infrastructure) and cover also cross-sector CI(I)P aspects.

In 2013, the CRITIS series of conferences has started to foster contributions from young experts and researchers ("Young CRITIS"), and in 2014 this has been reinforced by the first edition of the CIPRNet Young CRITIS Award (CYCA). We will continue both activities at CRITIS 2015, since our demanding multi-disciplinary field of research requires open-minded talents.

Topic category 1: Resilience and protection of cyber-physical systems

- Modelling and analysis of cyber-physical systems for monitoring and control
- Security, protection, resilience and survivability of complex cyber-physical systems
- Impact and consequence analysis of C(I)I loss or reduction of quality of service
- C(I)I dependency Modeling, Simulation, Analysis and Validation
- Cyber security in critical infrastructure systems
- Fault tolerant control for cyber-physical systems
- Security and protection of smart buildings

Topic category 2: C(I)IP policies and best practices in C(I)IP - stakeholders' perspective

- Risk management in C(I)IP
- The role of C(I)I in the implementation of the EU directive on European Critical Infrastructures in EU Member States
- C(I)I exercises & contingency plans
- Advances in C(I)IP policies at national and cross-border levels
- C(I)IP R&D agenda at national and international levels
- Trust models in normal situations and during escalation
- Public-private partnership for critical infrastructure resilience
- Economics, investments and incentives of critical infrastructure protection
- Defence of civilian C(I)I in conflicts with cyber elements
- Forensics and attribution in C(I)I

Topic category 3: Advances in C(I)IP

- Advanced decision support for mitigating C(I)I related emergencies
- C(I)IP for energy infrastructures (like oil and gas sector, renewable energies)
- C(I)IP for transport infrastructures (like railways, toll systems, tunnel control systems, logistics centers, airports)
- Advances in cross-sector CI(I)P approaches
- Recent trends in cyber economy (clouds, quasi-monopolies, new payment methods etc.) and implications for C(I)I and C(I)IP

Topic category 4: YOUNG CRITIS and CIPRNet Young CRITIS Award (CYCA)

- Topics of interest for category 4 include all topics mentioned under topic categories 1 and 3.

Instructions for Authors:

Submissions will be done via EasyChair. As in previous years, we plan to publish a postroceedings volume in Springer's LNCS series. Please find the acceptance and publishing policy and other details on the conference website http://www.critis2015.org.

Important Dates:

Submission of full papers: May 10, 2015
Notification of acceptance: July 8, 2015
Camera-ready papers: September 10, 2015
CRITIS 2015 event: October 5-7, 2015

Venue:

Fraunhofer Forum Anna-Louisa-Karsch-Str. 2 10178 Berlin, Germany

Conference Organization:

General Chairs

* Erich Rome, Fraunhofer IAIS

Program Chairs

* Stephen D. Wolthusen, Royal Holloway, UK, and Gjøvik College, Norway
* Marianthi Theocharidou, EU Joint Research Centre, IPSC

Publicity Chairs:

* Cristina Alcaraz (University of Malaga, Spain)

CRITIS steering committee chairs

* Javier Lopez, University of Malaga, Spain
* Bernhard M. Hämmerli, TU Lucerne and ACRIS GmbH, Switzerland