Scottish Highland School Project Needs Help Please

C4A

Jun 7, 2005, 7:27:20 PM6/7/05
Hi All,

Can you help us to make a difference,

In the time it takes you to read this email (click) 20 children in sub
Sahara Africa with have died, mainly from poverty (click). Bob Geldhof
once famously told us to 'get off our arses and do something about
it', and at Lochaber high school we have...........(click)

For the last two years Lochaber High School, tucked away in the
Scottish Highlands, have recycled, repaired and refurbished over 300
donated computers. These have then been installed into schools in
black townships north of Polokwane, in the Limpopo region of South
Africa, where unemployment can be as high as 90% and HIV/AIDs is
widespread. Our continued support to the area and the teaching of
educators and learners alike has enabled many to get on the first rung
of the technology ladder, increasing their chances of a job and
therefore a future.

Following the success of the last two trips, we are about to set off
again, along with 200 more refurbished second hand computers back into
other schools in the area, to continue the work started in 2003, and
for this to happen we need to raise a lot of money by fund raising.
The pupils have already raised three quarters of the £12,000 required
from dances, car washing, bingo nights and the like. However, the
Tsunami tragedy at Christmas has badly affected our fundraising this
year and we are, with three weeks to go, somewhat short of our
target. If you are able to help with a small donation or in any other
way it would be very much appreciated.

Donations can be made securely with paypal on our website

http://www.lochaber.highland.sch.uk/c4a/Index.html

We can make the difference, but it's your help that makes it happen.
Thank you for your time.

Yours sincerely,

Lochaber Computer 4 Africa Team

PS: Please help spread the word - post the URL in forums that might be
interested in helping or email your friends (don't spam though)

Thanks for taking the time to read this!