IE Browser Home Page Address

Nancy

Aug 18, 2004, 12:36:57 PM8/18/04
Hi, Guys,

By careless I am not sure which website I visited. It changed my
browser setting (maybe my system, registry?). It sets my ie browser
home page address
to "about:blank", which is a web search page. It wrote a cooky into my
pc, but I can't delete it. Certainly, clicking Tools
-> Internet Options doesn't work. How can I change back my default
home page address? I guess I should edit my registry, but who knows
how?
I appreciate any sugguestion!

Nancy

Dorsai

Aug 18, 2004, 9:08:03 PM8/18/04
wxl...@hotmail.com (Nancy) banged on the keyboard until producing

Get yourself a copy of Spybot Search & Destroy, and install it. It
_should_ find all the malware on your system and attempt to remove it. It
will also try to prevent future occurances of hijacking.

You can then go to your original home page, select 'tools' from your menu
bar, then 'Internet Options', and 'use current' to get it set back again.

HTH

Dorsai

--
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Dorsai - Author of Erotic Fiction

Schadenfroh

Aug 21, 2004, 8:15:42 PM8/21/04
wxl...@hotmail.com (Nancy) wrote in message news:<cf2f3693.04081...@posting.google.com>...

use the about:buster utility to remove the about:blank browser hijack
download it here

NOSPAM@comcast.net KsAdmin

Aug 23, 2004, 1:37:56 PM8/23/04
Another program to try and I recommend using on a regular basis is
Ad-aware. It can be obtained for free from http://www.lavasoftusa.com

On 21 Aug 2004 17:15:42 -0700, spoofac...@yahoo.com (Schadenfroh)
wrote:

Josh Austin
System Administrator
Agent Services of America
ksadmin NOSPAM @comcast.net
(remove NOSPAM and the spaces out of my email address to send email)

A. Wang

Sep 9, 2004, 4:08:30 PM9/9/04

Try searching for a program called "cwshredder". there were a whole
host of hijackers based on the cool web search hijacker, but they dont
always have that name anywhere. (note there is one CWS varient that
cwshredder does not solve. i think the distributor of cwshredder
referes to it as CWS.yellowpages or something.)

LiMe

Sep 16, 2004, 10:47:33 AM9/16/04
Urm ....cant you just go to tools and then options then change your
home page from on there? if not try downloading adaware from
www.majorgeeks.com or spybot Search And Destroy! hope these help :)