Intel's Skylake Prime Number Bug. (Repost 1)

Skybuck Flying

Jan 11, 2016, 11:12:53 AM1/11/16
Hello,

Apperently Intel's Skylake Processors can freeze up when calculating certain
Prime Numbers.

I am investigating this story further, for now here is a link about it:

https://communities.intel.com/mobile/mobile-access.jspa#jive-content?content=%2Fapi%2Fcore%2Fv3%2Fcontents%2F524553

Enjoy ! =D

Bye,
Skybuck =D

P.S.: This is repost 1, this message has also been posted to 5 other
newsgroups.

William Unruh

Jan 11, 2016, 12:44:20 PM1/11/16
On 2016-01-11, Skybuck Flying <skybu...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Apperently Intel's Skylake Processors can freeze up when calculating certain
> Prime Numbers.

How do you calculate a prime number? From the link, what he seems to
mean is "calculating whether certain Mersenne numbers are prime".

> I am investigating this story further, for now here is a link about it:
>
> https://communities.intel.com/mobile/mobile-access.jspa#jive-content?content=%2Fapi%2Fcore%2Fv3%2Fcontents%2F524553

Which also says Intel has fixed the bug and has/is rolling out a BIOS
fix to fix the bug.

Kerr Mudd-John

Jan 11, 2016, 2:50:50 PM1/11/16
On Mon, 11 Jan 2016 16:12:52 -0000, Skybuck Flying
<skybu...@hotmail.com> wrote:
[]
> Bye,
> Skybuck =D
>
> P.S.: This is repost 1, this message has also been posted to 5 other
> newsgroups.

Why oh why?

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug

Richard Heathfield

Jan 11, 2016, 2:54:04 PM1/11/16
On 11/01/16 19:50, Kerr Mudd-John wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Jan 2016 16:12:52 -0000, Skybuck Flying
> <skybu...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> []
>> Bye,
>> Skybuck =D
>>
>> P.S.: This is repost 1, this message has also been posted to 5 other
>> newsgroups.
>
> Why oh why?

Because, for at least fifteen years, he's been posting (and
cross-posting and multi-posting) irrelevancies and gibberish to Usenet,
and he's obviously finding it a hard habit to break. Why did you think?

--
Richard Heathfield
Email: rjh at cpax dot org dot uk

Skybuck Flying

Jan 11, 2016, 3:10:08 PM1/11/16

"Kerr Mudd-John" wrote in message

On Mon, 11 Jan 2016 16:12:52 -0000, Skybuck Flying
<skybu...@hotmail.com> wrote:
[]
> Bye,
> Skybuck =D
>
> P.S.: This is repost 1, this message has also been posted to 5 other
> newsgroups.

"
Why oh why?
"

I find your lack of experience with usenet disturbing ! ;) =D

Bye,
Skybuck.