ssh, sftp - Error: PRNG not seeded

Sean

Oct 15, 2004, 10:01:54 PM10/15/04
SERVER
I'm connecting to a Linux ssh server, with the server running:
RedHat 9, Linux 2.4.20
openssh 3.5p1-6

CLIENT 1
When I connect from a machine running the ssh client version 3.5p1-6,
(RH9, Linux 2.4.20) the connection works fine.

CLIENT 2
When I connect from a machine running the ssh client version 3.6.1p2-34,
(FC2, Linux 2.6.5) the connection fails with the error "PRNG not seeded".

How do I get the second client to connect reliably? Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Sean
====

Darren Tucker

Oct 16, 2004, 12:45:07 AM10/16/04
In article <mi%bd.703248$Gx4....@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,

Sean <sea...@att.net> wrote:
>CLIENT 2
>When I connect from a machine running the ssh client version 3.6.1p2-34,
>(FC2, Linux 2.6.5) the connection fails with the error "PRNG not seeded".

It is most likely that your random devices (/dev/random, /dev/urandom)
are either missing or not readable for some reason (eg bad perms or
some kind of fun with selinux).

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.