scp does not work properly

Jeff Douglass

Jan 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/2/99
Sounds like a problem with your shell on the remote host.
The stty command should only be executed when logging in
as opposed to running remote commands. The syntax to do
this depends on the shell used. Commenting out the stty
command as a test should provide verification of this.

Jeff

In article <367F7B18...@debis.de>,
jtr...@debis.de (Juergen Traub) writes:
> Hi folks,
>
> if I try to copy files via scp, I always get the following error
> message:
> command: scp -v tripwire ad...@10.10.10.36:tripwire
> error: Invalid argument
>
> The protocol tells me something about an option -t which is not
> descripted
> in the manualpage of scp:
> localhost: Sending command: scp -v -t tripwire
>
> Has somebody of you an idea how to solve the problem?
>
> TIA,
>
> Juergen
>

> PS:
>
> protocoll:
> localhost > scp -v tripwire ad...@10.10.10.36:tripwire
> Executing: host 10.10.10.36, user admin, command scp -v -t tripwire
> SSH Version 1.2.26 [sparc-sun-solaris2.6], protocol version 1.5.
> Standard version. Does not use RSAREF.
> localhost: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh_config
> localhost: ssh_connect: getuid 101 geteuid 0 anon 1
> localhost: Connecting to 10.10.10.36 port 22.
> localhost: Connection established.
> localhost: Remote protocol version 1.5, remote software version 1.2.26
> localhost: Waiting for server public key.
> localhost: Received server public key (768 bits) and host key (1024
> bits).
> Localhost: Host '10.10.10.36' is known and matches the host key.
> localhost: Initializing random; seed file
> /export/home/admin/.ssh/random_seed
> localhost: Encryption type: idea
> localhost: Sent encrypted session key.
> localhost: Installing crc compensation attack detector.
> localhost: Received encrypted confirmation.
> localhost: No agent.
> localhost: Trying RSA authentication with key 'admin@localhost'
> localhost: Received RSA challenge from server.
> Enter passphrase for RSA key 'admin@localhost':
> localhost: Sending response to host key RSA challenge.
> localhost: Remote: RSA authentication accepted.
> localhost: RSA authentication accepted by server.
> localhost: Sending command: scp -v -t tripwire
> localhost: Entering interactive session.
> stty: /export/home/admin
> admin@nsi-str 51 > : Invalid argument
> localhost: Transferred: stdin 0, stdout 45, stderr 0 bytes in 0.3
> seconds
> localhost: Bytes per second: stdin 0.0, stdout 132.2, stderr 0.0
> localhost: Exit status 0

Frank Derichsweiler

Jan 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/8/99
Hi Juergen,

I suffered under a similar problem and found a solution :-)
scp seems to restart itself, therefore it has to be in the path.
My personal problem was that I have installed V1 and V2 parallel
and scp was a link to scp2, I just changed the link to scp1 and
everything works fine. Removing the links destroys it.

HTH
Frank

Juergen Traub wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> if I try to copy files via scp, I always get the following error
> message:
> command: scp -v tripwire ad...@10.10.10.36:tripwire
> error: Invalid argument
>
> The protocol tells me something about an option -t which is not
> descripted
> in the manualpage of scp:
> localhost: Sending command: scp -v -t tripwire
>
> Has somebody of you an idea how to solve the problem?
>
> TIA,
>
> Juergen
>
> PS:

[protocoll]