untrusted/invalid key after signing key (PGP 6.5.8 / Solaris 9)

michael....@autodesk.com

Jan 30, 2007, 3:25:20 PM1/30/07
I am using PGP 6.5.8 on a Solaris 9 machine. I am using PGP as part of
un-attended data transfer between my company and external vendors. A
few days ago, the programs get started getting this prompt:

WARNING: Because this public key is not certified with a trusted
signature, it is not known with high confidence that this public key
actually belongs to: xxxxxxxxx

I immediately execute 'pgp -ks' to sign the key (this was done many
moons ago when I originally received the vendor's public key). There
are no error messages when I sign the key. However running pgp -kc
shows the key to be "untrusted" and "invalid", when I expect it to be
"untrusted" and "complete".

If you have any ideas or feedback, please let me know. Thanks -
Michael

Neil W Rickert

Jan 30, 2007, 10:55:57 PM1/30/07

michael....@autodesk.com

Jan 31, 2007, 11:00:59 AM1/31/07
On Jan 30, 10:55 pm, Neil W Rickert <phish...@cs.niu.edu> wrote:

> Is your own key (the one you used for signing) trusted, and not
> expired?

My own key is trusted and does not have an expiration date. However, I
tryed pgp -ke to edit my own user ID, re-entering the same information
that was used for the original setup, and that resolved my issue.
Thank you very much for your feedback and the necessary hit.
Cheers - Michael

andie...@gmail.com

Sep 5, 2014, 1:35:56 AM9/5/14
I m having the same issue in here, and tried to use +force to bypass this question: Are you sure you want to use this public key (y/N)? but there is no luck, any idea why the +force was not working in this instance.