Seeking simple VOIP program

1 view

variou...@yahoo.com

Nov 18, 2007, 12:24:33 PM11/18/07
Hi,

I want a program that, given my IP address and another
person's IP address, will let us converse with sound i.e.
make a VOIP call. I'd prefer that no 3rd system (server)
be involved. We are both using wireless routers.

Is this possible? Is there a program that will allow it?

If a 3rd system must be involved, is there a simple PHP
script that could coordinate making the connection?

Thanks.

Rev Turd Fredericks

Nov 18, 2007, 2:34:50 PM11/18/07

You might want to mention which fucking OS you are using while posting a
question like that.

--
Geeks may inherit the earth,
but they have no desire to rule it

-Robert Stevens (the Geek Squad founder)

FrozenNorth

Nov 18, 2007, 2:41:19 PM11/18/07
Rev Turd Fredericks took a can of maroon spray paint on November 18, 2007
02:34 pm and wrote the following:

> variou...@yahoo.com wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want a program that, given my IP address and another
>> person's IP address, will let us converse with sound i.e.
>> make a VOIP call. I'd prefer that no 3rd system (server)
>> be involved. We are both using wireless routers.
>>
>> Is this possible? Is there a program that will allow it?
>>
>> If a 3rd system must be involved, is there a simple PHP
>> script that could coordinate making the connection?
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> You might want to mention which fucking OS you are using while posting a
> question like that.

Its headers say Linux, Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.4

--
Lits Slut #9

Message has been deleted

Rev Turd Fredericks

Nov 18, 2007, 4:45:52 PM11/18/07
FrozenNorth wrote:
> Rev Turd Fredericks took a can of maroon spray paint on November 18, 2007
> 02:34 pm and wrote the following:
>
>> variou...@yahoo.com wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I want a program that, given my IP address and another
>>> person's IP address, will let us converse with sound i.e.
>>> make a VOIP call. I'd prefer that no 3rd system (server)
>>> be involved. We are both using wireless routers.
>>>
>>> Is this possible? Is there a program that will allow it?
>>>
>>> If a 3rd system must be involved, is there a simple PHP
>>> script that could coordinate making the connection?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>> You might want to mention which fucking OS you are using while posting a
>> question like that.
>>
> Its headers say Linux, Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.4

What do you suppose the person he wants to talk to is using? Besides,
other than you, who bothers to read headers? :-)

FrozenNorth

Nov 18, 2007, 5:11:28 PM11/18/07
04:45 pm and wrote the following:

> FrozenNorth wrote:
>> Rev Turd Fredericks took a can of maroon spray paint on November 18, 2007
>> 02:34 pm and wrote the following:

>>> You might want to mention which fucking OS you are using while posting a
>>> question like that.
>>>
>> Its headers say Linux, Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.4
>>

> What do you suppose the person he wants to talk to is using? Besides,
> other than you, who bothers to read headers? :-)

Well, if you are going to be that way, two dented soup cans, and a really
long piece of string, Voice Over Irregular Packaging.

Rev Turd Fredericks

Nov 18, 2007, 9:06:53 PM11/18/07
FrozenNorth wrote:
> Rev Turd Fredericks took a can of maroon spray paint on November 18, 2007
> 04:45 pm and wrote the following:
>
>> FrozenNorth wrote:
>>> Rev Turd Fredericks took a can of maroon spray paint on November 18, 2007

>>> Its headers say Linux, Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.4
>>>
>> What do you suppose the person he wants to talk to is using? Besides,
>> other than you, who bothers to read headers? :-)
>>
> Well, if you are going to be that way, two dented soup cans, and a really
> long piece of string, Voice Over Irregular Packaging.

I tried that but the damned cat keeps playing with the string

Balwinder S Dheeman

Nov 18, 2007, 10:05:17 PM11/18/07
On 11/19/2007 02:09, Juergen Nieveler wrote:

> variou...@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>> I want a program that, given my IP address and another
>> person's IP address, will let us converse with sound i.e.
>> make a VOIP call. I'd prefer that no 3rd system (server)
>> be involved. We are both using wireless routers.
>>
>> Is this possible? Is there a program that will allow it?
>
> How about SpeakFreely?
>
> It's about as basic as VoIP gets, but you can talk, and even use
> encryption if you want to.

Hmm, http://www.speakfreely.org/ though open source software, but is
windows only.

How about the proprietary but free for use SJPhone, available for wide
variety of operating systems and, or platforms and has auto-discovery of
neighborers alive around you.

Anu'z Linux@HOME (Unix Shoppe) Machines: #168573, 170593, 259192
Chandigarh, UT, 160062, India Gentoo, Fedora, Debian/FreeBSD/XP

Hongtian

Nov 19, 2007, 4:03:12 AM11/19/07

If your OS is windows, I suggest you to try miniSipServer and Xten.

miniSipServer is a kind of SIP server and Xten is a kind of SIP
client. You can use them to establish your own VOIP network.

:-)

Bob M

Nov 19, 2007, 11:46:42 AM11/19/07
FrozenNorth wrote:
> Rev Turd Fredericks took a can of maroon spray paint on November 18, 2007
> 04:45 pm and wrote the following:
>
>> FrozenNorth wrote:
>>> Rev Turd Fredericks took a can of maroon spray paint on November 18, 2007

>>> Its headers say Linux, Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.4
>>>
>> What do you suppose the person he wants to talk to is using? Besides,
>> other than you, who bothers to read headers? :-)
>>
> Well, if you are going to be that way, two dented soup cans, and a really
> long piece of string, Voice Over Irregular Packaging.

Just like Vonage!

Bounce Baby

Nov 3, 2020, 6:15:34 PM11/3/20
On 18 Nov 2007 20:39:27 GMT, Juergen Nieveler
<juergen.nie...@arcor.de> wrote:

>variou...@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>> I want a program that, given my IP address and another
>> person's IP address, will let us converse with sound i.e.
>> make a VOIP call. I'd prefer that no 3rd system (server)
>> be involved. We are both using wireless routers.
>>
>> Is this possible? Is there a program that will allow it?
>
>How about SpeakFreely?
>
>It's about as basic as VoIP gets, but you can talk, and even use
>encryption if you want to.
>
>Juergen Nieveler

I see that program is still available. I think I will install it and
maybe use it.

http://www.speakfreely.org/