Whatever happened to Chris Renton?

zalzon

Nov 9, 2003, 5:18:20 PM11/9/03
The guy who built a robot called FRED. His webpage used to be at the
address below but has since been taken down by the web provider
Optusnet. His page is what got me interested in electronics (and
robotics).

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~renton/fred/index.htm

His page is gone. Anyone know what happened to him?

zalzon

Gordon McComb

Nov 10, 2003, 8:47:52 PM11/10/03
For a while Chris had a page at http://www.chrisrenton.com, but that
site looks down, too. And his domain name has lapsed, as of last month.

Well, sometimes people get interested in things other than robots.
Frankly, I can't see it, but to each his own! <g>

-- Gordon

-- Gordon
Author: Constructing Robot Bases (Forthcoming)
Robot Builder's Sourcebook, Robot Builder's Bonanza

zalzon

Nov 11, 2003, 10:15:10 PM11/11/03
On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 17:47:52 -0800, Gordon McComb
<gmc...@gmccomb.com> wrote:

>For a while Chris had a page at http://www.chrisrenton.com, but that
>site looks down, too. And his domain name has lapsed, as of last month.
>
>Well, sometimes people get interested in things other than robots.
>Frankly, I can't see it, but to each his own! <g>

Yo mccomb, i remember chris renton mentioned using your book as a
reference. I reserved a copy and just picked up RBB down at my local
library. The library in turn is ordering more copies of your book
here in Canada.

I'll be reading it in bed right after i sign off.

Alex Gibson

Nov 15, 2003, 8:43:12 PM11/15/03

"zalzon" <zalzon...@zalll.com> wrote in message news:l3ftqv88gc4be93ok...@4ax.com...

If you can try and dig up