Grupos de Google ya no admite publicaciones ni suscripciones nuevas de Usenet. El contenido anterior sigue visible.

Postscript Fax Printer?

12 vistas
Ir al primer mensaje no leído

Juha Kaukoniemi

no leída,
26 oct 1997, 2:00:00 a.m.26/10/1997
para

Remember when Adobe came up with a concept of putting the fax right into the
printer? You know, you often have to fax a proof to a client -- to do so,
you first print your publication on paper, and then you fax it out. Having a
fax built right into your printer could easily solve the problem.

Are there any actual products like this on the market? Do you use a printer
with a fax built in? Does it work in your workflow? Care to recommend any
brands?

------
Juha Kaukoniemi * Prepress Consultant * Life is a beach, and then you dive.

Bernie

no leída,
31 oct 1997, 3:00:00 a.m.31/10/1997
para

A 600 dpi+ PostScript Fax Machine has long been on my wish list. Now if
there *were* in fact such a beast, it would really make telecommuting
for us graphic types a real alternative. Currently faxes genereally just
don't cut it.
--
Bernie Morissette
Catalog Administrator

http://www.werners.com/

Andrew Croft

no leída,
1 nov 1997, 3:00:00 a.m.1/11/1997
para

Hi there,

I believe the Apple LaserWriter 630 series offers this option.
We use a 630 at the studio, but would love this type of option on the NTII
we have at home, if anyone knows how it can be done.

Yours,
Andrew

Stefan Zingg

no leída,
1 nov 1997, 3:00:00 a.m.1/11/1997
para

> > A 600 dpi+ PostScript Fax Machine has long been on my wish list. Now if
> > there *were* in fact such a beast, it would really make telecommuting
> > for us graphic types a real alternative. Currently faxes genereally just
> > don't cut it.
>
> Ummmm, try the Dataproducts DDS24.
>
> Or the Canon GP200F.

Apple sells a PS fax card for it's LaserWriter 16/600.
--
To send email, remove the .BOUNCE.COM !

Simon Forster

no leída,
4 nov 1997, 3:00:00 a.m.4/11/1997
para

In article <62vsnc$r...@tron.sci.fi>, "Juha Kaukoniemi" <ju...@sci.fi> wrote:

> Remember when Adobe came up with a concept of putting the fax right into the
> printer? You know, you often have to fax a proof to a client -- to do so,
> you first print your publication on paper, and then you fax it out. Having a
> fax built right into your printer could easily solve the problem.
>
> Are there any actual products like this on the market? Do you use a printer
> with a fax built in? Does it work in your workflow? Care to recommend any
> brands?
>

> ------
> Juha Kaukoniemi * Prepress Consultant * Life is a beach, and then you dive.

We have an Apple LaserWriter 16/600PS with built in fax and it works very
well - except that you're limited a bit by the fax on the other end.
There's a PostScript fax option which we haven't used but presumably
allows you to send full PostScript rather than usual fax data, I guess it
means you're effectively printing to a remote printer.

I have to say that for sending 'proofs' (of typically 4 colour jobs) to
clients for approval, we tend to email pdf documents to them. Its quick,
simple and clients love to see their work in 4 colours.

HTH

Simon

--
|| Simon Forster | Ginn Jeffery Int. PLC ||
|| <s...@gjint.co.uk> | 175 Munster Road ||

0 mensajes nuevos