Any good alternatives to CDRWin?

Anonymous

Sep 23, 2002, 9:16:18 PM9/23/02
For some reason, CDRWin no longer works on my XP system. It worked fine for
awhile then just stopped and started giving me the typical WinXP has
encountered a problem and needs to close window error and asks to send an error
report to Microsoft. I encountered this same problem a couple of month ago and
it continued until I had to reformat my system to correct another problem. Now
it's back and I'm tired of messing with it. Are there any other software
packages out there that allow you to burn CDRWin style cue images? TIA for any
info.

Ed Light

Sep 24, 2002, 4:49:35 PM9/24/02

> For some reason, CDRWin no longer works on my XP system.

> Are there any other software
> packages out there that allow you to burn CDRWin style cue images? TIA for
any
> info.

What's a cue image?

--
Ed Light

smh

Sep 25, 2002, 1:55:40 AM9/25/02
Anonymous wrote:

> For some reason, CDRWin no longer works on my XP system. It worked fine for
> awhile then just stopped and started giving me the typical WinXP has
> encountered a problem and needs to close window error and asks to send an error
> report to Microsoft. I encountered this same problem a couple of month ago and
> it continued until I had to reformat my system to correct another problem. Now
> it's back and I'm tired of messing with it. Are there any other software
> packages out there that allow you to burn CDRWin style cue images? TIA for any
> info.

Nero and Fireburner support bin/cue.

Have you disabled IMAPI service? This may not be the cause or fix for
your problem, but disabling it is usually recommended.

Barry Delfino

Sep 26, 2002, 6:31:52 PM9/26/02
"smh" <smh...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

> Have you disabled IMAPI service? This may not be the cause or fix for
> your problem, but disabling it is usually recommended.

Sammy, how is IMAPI disabled....and, I guess I'd like to know what it does.

Thanks,
Barry

Anonymous

Sep 26, 2002, 7:43:44 AM9/26/02
No. I haven't disabled IMAPI service. How do I go about doing this. If this is
something I do from within CDRWin, then I'm out of luck because I can't get
into CDRWin. It crashes and gives the described error when attempting to run.
No window or screen ever opens up.

As far as NERO goes, I've got a copy of that and never knew it could burn
bin/cue images. I've looked and I don't see an option for opening these types
of files so that I can burn them. Is there some special way I need to access
them?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

- Wolf-359

smh <smh...@mindspring.com> wrote:

>Nero and Fireburner support bin/cue.
>
>Have you disabled IMAPI service? This may not be the cause or fix for
>your problem, but disabling it is usually recommended.

smh

Sep 26, 2002, 8:30:40 PM9/26/02
Anonymous wrote:

> No. I haven't disabled IMAPI service. How do I go about doing this. If this is
> something I do from within CDRWin, then I'm out of luck because I can't get
> into CDRWin. It crashes and gives the described error when attempting to run.
> No window or screen ever opens up.

Winxp Pro:
Control Panel -> Perf & Maint -> Admin Tools -> Services
Select the "imapi CD writing service" properties and make it disabled.

Winxp Home:
Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Computer Management.

> As far as NERO goes, I've got a copy of that and never knew it could burn
> bin/cue images. I've looked and I don't see an option for opening these types
> of files so that I can burn them. Is there some special way I need to access
> them?

File -> Burn Image

smh

Sep 26, 2002, 9:10:11 PM9/26/02
Barry Delfino wrote:

> "smh" wrote...

> > Have you disabled IMAPI service? This may not be the cause or fix for
> > your problem, but disabling it is usually recommended.
>
> Sammy, how is IMAPI disabled....and, I guess I'd like to know what it does.

IMAPI stands for Image Mastering API. It is the WinXP built-in CD
burning functionality.

jdill26@nospam@copper.net

Oct 19, 2002, 1:45:30 PM10/19/02
In article <3d8fbce2$1_1@anonymous>, Anonymous <Nobody> writes:
>For some reason, CDRWin no longer works on my XP system. It worked fine for
>awhile then just stopped and started giving me the typical WinXP has
>encountered a problem and needs to close window error and asks to send an
error
>report to Microsoft. I encountered this same problem a couple of month ago
and
>it continued until I had to reformat my system to correct another problem.
Now
>it's back and I'm tired of messing with it. Are there any other software
>packages out there that allow you to burn CDRWin style cue images? TIA for
any
>info.

jdill26@nospam@copper.net

Oct 19, 2002, 1:32:41 PM10/19/02
In article <3D93AFF3...@mindspring.com>, smh <smh...@mindspring.com>
writes:
______________
In Win XP Home go:Start/Control Panel/Admin Tools/Component
Services/Services(Local)/open IMAPI. See description. You can disable and
enable at will. Mine was DEAFULT disabled. Click Start or Stop as desired. I
have left the default in place (stopped).
"Windows XP includes support for recording your own CDs directly in the
operating system. This is done via the IMAPI (Image Mastering API)
interface. IMAPI allows an application to "burn" a simple data CD or audio
CD. The specific formats that are supported are Redbook audio discs, and
data discs with both Joliet and ISO-9660."

Have fun.