Sony DVD player and CD-R media

Alex G

Jan 6, 2002, 1:32:24 PM1/6/02
I've read various that states that Princo CD-R brand will work in Sony DVD
player. Is this the only brand that works? I hate to buy 100 CD-Rs. Does
anyone sell them in smaller quantities? I looked at the local stores(Best
Buy, Circuit City, CompUsa, etc..) and they don't sell Princo.

Thanks

mew

Jan 6, 2002, 11:56:16 PM1/6/02
"Alex G" <agorelik...@home.com> wrote in

All the CompUsa 100pk and 50pk shrink wrapped
cake boxes of blanks (no spindle included) are
Princo -- that's all they purchase for bulk. They
DO NOT have the CompuUsa logo or come in boxes
at all -- they just say "bulk 100pk blank 74 min
discs" and are packed in shrink wrap.

They usually have a sale on them 100pk for $19.99
and 50pk for $11.99 in their national sunday
circular. They will say PRINCO on the center
and have worked in everthing I've thrown them at.
I've been buying blanks for years and have never
found a better manufacturer of discs.

tHeMeW

Alex G

Jan 7, 2002, 7:53:58 PM1/7/02
Just visited CompUsa and the Bulk 100 CD-R did not say Princo in the center.

"mew" <m...@mew.edu> wrote in message

Isaac

Jan 7, 2002, 9:31:39 PM1/7/02
On Mon, 07 Jan 2002 04:56:16 GMT, mew <m...@mew.edu> wrote:
>All the CompUsa 100pk and 50pk shrink wrapped
>cake boxes of blanks (no spindle included) are
>Princo -- that's all they purchase for bulk. They
>DO NOT have the CompuUsa logo or come in boxes
>at all -- they just say "bulk 100pk blank 74 min
>discs" and are packed in shrink wrap.

Haven't been to compusa in a while, but when I was buying those
shrinkwrap packages, there were as many as five different manufacturers
disks in the package. Some of those disks were of uneven quality.

The only ones you could reliably ID were the Princos because they
had the word "PRINCO" in the hub area. The Princos also seemed
to be fairly reliable.

Isaac

Alex G

Jan 8, 2002, 10:32:32 PM1/8/02
Some posts on www.vdchelp.com recommended STI DigitalMedia brand from
CircuitCity. I bought them today and they work GREAT!!!

Thank you everyone.

"Isaac" <is...@latveria.castledoom.org> wrote in message