unable read contents of CD ROM

Sachi Noma

Mar 9, 2002, 6:05:31 AM3/9/02
CD ROM cannot read contents of CD rom

I use Win98 with Dell Dimension XPS P120C (purchased in 1994). NEC CD ROM
273

I copied data from another PC (win XP) into CD R/W disk but the content
cannot be recognized by my Dell Dimension P120C system. Can someone tell me
what I must do so my pc can read contents of the CD disk.

Should I download latest driver for my NEC CD ROM? If so where can I
download it?

Graham Mayor

Mar 9, 2002, 6:56:25 AM3/9/02
It could simply mean that the drive on your old machine is unhappy reading
CDRW discs. Copy again on CDR. This would be a hardware issue. There is no
*driver* beyond that provided within Windows.
The alternative is that the disc is a UDF packet format and you have no
packet reading software on your machine. You can download the UDF Reader
from Adaptec/Roxio.
--

Graham Mayor

"Sachi Noma" <sno...@nospam.nyc.odn.ne.jp> wrote in message

Rob Davies

Mar 9, 2002, 10:13:05 AM3/9/02
You seem to have ignored 2 responses to your earlier duplicate post.