unable read contents of cd rom

Sachi Noma

Mar 8, 2002, 8:54:54 PM3/8/02
CD ROM cannot read contents of CD rom

I use Win98 with Dell XPS P120C (purchased in 1994). NEC CD ROM 273

I copied data from another PC (win XP) into CD R/W disk but the content
cannot be recognized by my Dell P120C system. Can someone tell me what I
must do so my pc can read contents of the CD disk.

Should I download latest driver for my NEC CD ROM? I wend to NEC site but
was not able to find.

smh

Mar 8, 2002, 9:10:10 PM3/8/02
--------------------------------------
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?

Almost certain the NEC is not a multiread. Get a new cdrom. (All
cdrom's on the market now are multiread.)

Rob Davies

Mar 9, 2002, 4:30:45 AM3/9/02
This is (was) a known issue with Windows XP - the computer you used to
produce the CD must have the update from MS to address this problem.
Rob
"Sachi Noma" <sno...@nospam.nyc.odn.ne.jp> wrote in message