Easy CD Creator 5.0 problem

Bren

Mar 3, 2003, 7:04:41 AM3/3/03
Evening All

Hi, advice is urgently required, I purchased an upgrade copy of Easy CD
Creator 5.0
Platinum last year and used it successfully for a while burning music Cd's
and then backing up my files and downloaded programs etc. Last week I had
to reformat my hard drive and do a complete reinstall on my system but when
I went to a Cd with downloaded programs I was unable to view them. I was
looking for my copy of Easy CD Creator 5.0 Platinum but I could not see it
even though I
had installed version 4 from my original Dell Disc.

Can you help me with this difficulty?. Could it be that as I did not
finalise the CD I cannot read it without the later version of Easy CD
Creator 5.0 Platinum and if this is the case what should I do?.

I cannot read the emails that I saved on another CD, again not finalised,
that contain information regarding Easy CD Creator 5.0 Platinum and
registration.

Many thanks for your time with this request for assistance.

Bren
---

God bless The Arsenal and all who sail in her

Jim Macklin

Mar 3, 2003, 7:18:46 AM3/3/03
Get your EZCD 5 disk out and re-install it...version 4 won't
work on XP. After you install version 5, go to
www.roxio.com and download the new patches for your version.

"Bren" <bren.roberts@wouldnt you spammersliketoknow.com>

Dave

Mar 3, 2003, 7:52:06 AM3/3/03
You might try using ISOBuster to see if you can recover the Version 5
file off the CD. http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster/

Dave

Bren

Mar 3, 2003, 1:01:15 PM3/3/03
Evening All

Hi Jim thanks for your reply.
I cannot view EZCD 5 it is on one of the CD's written with Easy CD Creator 5
but not closed, it is blank to look at although the files are definitely
there.

I did not realise that I would not be able to view a disc in Easy CD Creator
4 that was written in Easy CD Creator 5 but left open, I just assumed that
it would be readable with any version of Easy CD Creator. I have learnt
the hard way; again!. ;¬)

Thanks again Jim

Bren
---

God bless The Arsenal and all who sail in her

"Jim Macklin" <p51mus...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Bren

Mar 3, 2003, 1:01:16 PM3/3/03
Evening All

"Dave" <dmjo...@REMOVE.hotmail.com> wrote in message

> You might try using ISOBuster to see if you can recover the Version 5
> file off the CD. http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster/

Hi Dave, I cannot get at Easy CD Creator 5 to get at ISO Buster.

Thank you for your reply though, it is much appreciated as are any other
replies from people.

mark24951

Mar 3, 2003, 3:17:58 PM3/3/03
why not just download ISO Buster again.

Mike Richter

Mar 3, 2003, 11:54:35 PM3/3/03

At a wild guess, you have written them in UDF - with DirectCD. Guessing
again, you wrote variable-length (to a write-once disc) since if you'd
written fixed-length, you would only need to install the free UDF reader
from Roxio.

Honestly, it's a lot easier if you let the secret out of the bag and
tell us those critical data instead of making us guess.

Based on those two guesses, you have a problem which can be solved but
at some expense in time and possibly money. The solution is to use
either ISOBuster or Arrowkey's Diagnostic. I have not run ISOBuster
since I gave up my ASPI layer, but am told that to recover at least some
UDF discs, you must register it. Diagnostic will report what it can
retrieve before you register it, but can recover nothing until you pay.

Once you have DCD installed, you can close the session and work in a
safer environment.

Mike
--
mric...@cpl.net
http://www.mrichter.com/

Bren

Mar 5, 2003, 6:00:37 AM3/5/03
Evening All

"Mike Richter" <mric...@cpl.net> wrote in message
> Bren wrote:
#>

> At a wild guess, you have written them in UDF - with DirectCD. Guessing
> again, you wrote variable-length (to a write-once disc) since if you'd
> written fixed-length, you would only need to install the free UDF reader
> from Roxio.
>
> Honestly, it's a lot easier if you let the secret out of the bag and
> tell us those critical data instead of making us guess.
>
> Based on those two guesses, you have a problem which can be solved but
> at some expense in time and possibly money. The solution is to use
> either ISOBuster or Arrowkey's Diagnostic. I have not run ISOBuster
> since I gave up my ASPI layer, but am told that to recover at least some
> UDF discs, you must register it. Diagnostic will report what it can
> retrieve before you register it, but can recover nothing until you pay.
>
> Once you have DCD installed, you can close the session and work in a
> safer environment.

Many thanks Mike, I will try out your suggestions and let you know what
happens.

Darrell

Mar 6, 2003, 1:04:13 PM3/6/03
If you used EZ CD Creator it should be no problem.  If you used Direct CD to
write your backups and didn't CLOSE it to be readable on any computer you need
to have Direct CD active on your computer to read the CD.