Effective February 22, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content. Posting and subscribing will be disallowed, and new content from Usenet peers will not appear. Viewing and searching of historical data will still be supported as it is done today.

Help CD-RWs

.DP Arnold

Feb 20, 2002, 5:21:08 PM2/20/02
I have three computers (WinME) with CD-RWs (Acer: Model 84321A) and NTI's
Backup Now. The CD-RWs have been upgraded to the latest firmware and the NTI
has been up graded to the latest version. I use only quality CDs!

I do file-by-file backups regularly, however I get a maximal success rate of
40% to 50%. Normally the listed problem, if any, is a hardware error.

Is this an Acer issue or an NTI problem, and how can I tell the difference?

--
DP Arnold Jr.
dpa.@pacbell.net

bobbyjak

Feb 20, 2002, 6:22:46 PM2/20/02
I also use NTI's Backup Now using a TDK 16/10/40 without any problems..I guess
it could be your hardware or media..

".DP Arnold" <dpaREMO...@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:ojVc8.2125$Pw7.167...@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com...

http://www.usenet.com

Bernard W. Joseph

Mar 24, 2002, 4:28:54 PM3/24/02
I use the Windows Backup application that comes with Win98SE. It works
fine with my Mitsumi CD-RW drive. As far as I know, it works 100%. I
have also used Direct CD to make a CD that works like any floppy. I've
stored many individual files and am very happy. My computer is an old
H-P Pentium IV.

--
Bernard W. Joseph http://www.appliedgrammar.com
WARNING: Exposure to the Son prevents burning.