Help CD-RWs

.DP Arnold

Feb 20, 2002, 5:21:08 PM2/20/02
I have three computers (WinME) with CD-RWs (Acer: Model 84321A) and NTI's
Backup Now. The CD-RWs have been upgraded to the latest firmware and the NTI
has been up graded to the latest version. I use only quality CDs!

I do file-by-file backups regularly, however I get a maximal success rate of
40% to 50%. Normally the listed problem, if any, is a hardware error.

Is this an Acer issue or an NTI problem, and how can I tell the difference?

--
DP Arnold Jr.
dpa.@pacbell.net

bobbyjak

Feb 20, 2002, 6:22:46 PM2/20/02
I also use NTI's Backup Now using a TDK 16/10/40 without any problems..I guess
it could be your hardware or media..

".DP Arnold" <dpaREMO...@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:ojVc8.2125$Pw7.167...@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com...

http://www.usenet.com

Bernard W. Joseph

Mar 24, 2002, 4:28:54 PM3/24/02
I use the Windows Backup application that comes with Win98SE. It works
fine with my Mitsumi CD-RW drive. As far as I know, it works 100%. I
have also used Direct CD to make a CD that works like any floppy. I've
stored many individual files and am very happy. My computer is an old
H-P Pentium IV.

--
Bernard W. Joseph http://www.appliedgrammar.com
WARNING: Exposure to the Son prevents burning.