Need help configuring digital audio option

John

May 30, 2009, 1:54:15 PM5/30/09
I'm running Windows XP Pro on a homebuilt PC using a Turtle Beach
Catalina sound card and a Plextor PX-850SA CD/DVD burner. The PX-850SA
replaced a Plextor PX-716A.

When I was using the PX-716A, I had an analog audio cable connecting the
drive to the sound card. To my great surprise, when I got the PX-850SA I
discovered that it has no analog audio output connector.

My problem is that I can't get the audio from a CD or DVD to come
through the speakers on the PC. I have enabled Digital CD audio for the
drive on its properties sheet, but that didn't help. I contacted
customer service at both Plextor and Turtle Beach, but neither was
helpful. What am I missing here? Thanks!

John
--
Please reply in this newsgroup. I never post my true
email address to prevent spam. Thank you.

smh

May 31, 2009, 2:45:19 PM5/31/09
. -------------------------- ------------
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

John wrote:

> I'm running Windows XP Pro on a homebuilt PC using a Turtle Beach
> Catalina sound card and a Plextor PX-850SA CD/DVD burner. The PX-850SA
> replaced a Plextor PX-716A.
>
> When I was using the PX-716A, I had an analog audio cable connecting the
> drive to the sound card. To my great surprise, when I got the PX-850SA I
> discovered that it has no analog audio output connector.
>
> My problem is that I can't get the audio from a CD or DVD to come
> through the speakers on the PC. I have enabled Digital CD audio for the
> drive on its properties sheet, but that didn't help. I contacted
> customer service at both Plextor and Turtle Beach, but neither was
> helpful. What am I missing here? Thanks!

Double check that the speakers are connected to the correct terminal of
the soundcard.

Double check 'CD Player' is not muted in [Control Panel, Sounds and
Audio Devies], Advanced button of Volume tab.