Re: Help, my burners have disappeared!

Message has been deleted

smh

Jun 27, 2009, 7:17:08 PM6/27/09
. --------------------------------------
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

BJtheDJ (Mikey S-licker) slurped:

> I have 3 writers on my machine, 2 DVD writers and a CD writer.
>
> I can see them all in Windows Explorer and access them for reading,
> but they aren't available for writing!
>
> Nero CDRwin and ImgBurn all report that I have no burners.
>
> I've tried removing them in System Manager and letting Windows
> re-discover them, to no avail.

Uninstall all burn softwares. Reboot and then delete UpperFilters and
LowerFilters if found:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

After reboot, check the drives after each burn software install.
'

Mike Richter - The Slimiest Lying Friggin SOB (UDF)

Mike Richter has been for YEARS blaming the UDF -- to weasel out
the bugs of DirectCD:

Packet writing is the same as UDF

UDF is a fragile format
UDF is an unreliable format
There is an inherent problem in UDF

the format is very fragile and unreliable
The format is bad - it loses data

But then again:

======================
From: Mike Richter
Date: 5/4/06
Subject: UDF Has just bit me in the bum

> > I have used UDF for many years, but yesterday I had my first
> > corruption. I am now wondering whether to bother with UDF

your problem is not with UDF
========================
'

-------------------------------
Wow! What a Slimy Friggin SOB!
-------------------------------

--------------------------------------
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
(Mike Richter, Any Material Connection w/ Roxio?)

arielalfredo bazan

Feb 7, 2013, 1:57:41 AM2/7/13

GMAN

Feb 7, 2013, 12:35:55 PM2/7/13
In article <70882771-20a0-45fe...@googlegroups.com>, arielalfredo bazan <arielalf...@yahoo.com.mx> wrote:
>El s=E1bado, 27 de junio de 2009 20:17:08 UTC-3, smh escribi=F3:
>> . --------------------------------------
>> Mike Richter, were you born with
>> "Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
>> --------------------------------------
>>=20
>> BJtheDJ (Mikey S-licker) slurped:
>> >=20
>> > I have 3 writers on my machine, 2 DVD writers and a CD writer.
>> >=20
>> > I can see them all in Windows Explorer and access them for reading,
>> > but they aren't available for writing!
>> >=20
>> > Nero CDRwin and ImgBurn all report that I have no burners.
>> >=20
>> > I've tried removing them in System Manager and letting Windows
>> > re-discover them, to no avail.
>>=20
>> Uninstall all burn softwares. Reboot and then delete UpperFilters and
>> LowerFilters if found:
>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-=
>11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
>>=20
>> After reboot, check the drives after each burn software install.
>> '
>>=20

Try here, there is a microsoft hotfix for this issue

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060