Date and time are wrong.

joshua

Jun 10, 2022, 3:47:59 AM6/10/22
As title states, we've been unable to connect to the right timezone without doing it manually. I was wondering if anybody has been having these problems?
I have already tried to change the server to the Dutch server with no succes..
The times are now so far apart that our Yealink products arent able to even communicate anymore.

David Taylor

Jun 10, 2022, 3:54:37 AM6/10/22
Firewall allowing NTP?
Operating system?
Source and version of NTP?
Post configuration file?

--
Cheers,
David

David Woolley

Jun 10, 2022, 6:15:04 AM6/10/22
On 10/06/2022 08:47, joshua wrote:

> connect to the right timezone

NTP doesn't use timezones. All servers use times based on UTC. Any
timezone issue is a local problem, in your operating system.

William Unruh

Jun 10, 2022, 8:00:11 AM6/10/22
ntp uses UTC, whether the server is in Holland, in Bogota, in Moscow or
in Chicago. It is your client that turns UTC into localtime.
You do not say which operating systems you are running on the
problematic machines.

David Taylor

Jun 15, 2022, 9:03:01 AM6/15/22
to ques...@lists.ntp.org
Maybe he means the zone for the pool servers, but there's too little
information to help.

David
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-...@blueyonder.co.uk
Twitter: @gm8arv
--
This is ques...@lists.ntp.org
Subscribe: questions...@lists.ntp.org

William Unruh

Jun 18, 2022, 12:42:31 AM6/18/22
On 2022-06-15, David Taylor <david...@writeme.com> wrote:
> On 10/06/2022 11:15, David Woolley wrote:
>> On 10/06/2022 08:47, joshua wrote:
>>
>>> connect to the right timezone
>>
>> NTP doesn't use timezones. All servers use times based on UTC. Any
>> timezone issue is a local problem, in your operating system.
>
> Maybe he means the zone for the pool servers, but there's too little
> information to help.

UTC has no zone. It is the same for all servers everywhere on earth. If
you are concerned about sattelites orbiting Jupiter, then there may well
be issues.