MaxAllowedPhaseOffset ...300

lino posey

Nov 12, 2021, 3:06:23 AM11/12/21
hello everyone ... I would like to know if it is possible to reduce the MaxAllowedPhaseOffset and how. I would also like to know what he really represents

David Woolley

Nov 12, 2021, 5:44:22 AM11/12/21
On 12/11/2021 08:06, lino posey wrote:
> hello everyone ... I would like to know if it is possible to reduce the MaxAllowedPhaseOffset and how. I would also like to know what he really represents

Why are you asking how to modify a parameter that you do not understand?

It turns out that this option applies to Microsoft's implementation of
what I believe is still an obsolete version of the NTP protocol, so the
advice here would be disable w32tm.exe, install a copy of the current
reference implementation of NTP, and modify the step parameter in ntp.conf.

If system time is important to you, you should do this on a Linux or
FreeBSD machine. However Meinberg provide a Windows package based on a
binary of the the University of Delaware's reference implementation, for
Windows.

However, if you want to stick with Microsoft's code, this parameter, and
the corresponding registry settings are described in
<https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/networking/windows-time-service/windows-time-service-tools-and-settings#configure-computer-clock-reset>.